Toaks Light Titanium 550ml Pot (D95mm)

pot only pot with lid
Weight 1.9 oz / 54 g 2.6 oz / 72 g
Capacity 19.4 oz / 550 ml
Dimensions 3 3/4 x 3 1/8 in / 95 x 80 mm

Lightweight, compact small titanium pot. Large enough…

Summary

Lightweight, compact small titanium pot. Large enough to nest a 4-oz fuel canister and the rest of my solo cook kit. Works for me!

Pros

• Compact
  • Will accommodate a 3.5 - 4 oz fuel canister
  • Has volumes embossed on side wall

Cons

• None noted

My review today is for the 550 ml Toaks Titanium pot. One in a series of 95mm diameter pots.

Toaks sells three different size pots in the 95 mm series—550, 650, and 750 ml with a variety of handle options. I choose the 550-ml with the longer, insulated handles. It is approximately 3.5 inches tall and 4 inches in diameter.

pot1.jpg

I use this as my solo cook kit. It's big enough to boil water for one person to use for either rehydrating a freeze-dried meal or a cup of coffee/tea (with a set of HotLips). For me, I just use it to boil water as I prefer to use my Snow Peak 450-ml double wall titanium mug for hot drinks (Toaks also sells a 450-ml double wall titanium mug).  Yes, it's an extra four ounces, but it keeps liquids hot longer than a single wall, and my pot is always clean. But, one could certainly use only this pot.

The features I like about this is:

1) it's big enough to nest a 3.5-4 oz isopro canister inside. This was the main reason I chose this over the Snow Peak 700, which isn't.

pot2.jpg2) I do like the insulated handles—mainly as they are bigger than the smaller, non-insulated handles and I get a secure grip for pouring.

3) The other thing I am particularly pleased with is that even at 550-ml, it's still big enough to contain my entire cooking stuff (minus mug). I generally carry a 4-oz fuel canister, BRS 3000T mini stove (see reviews), a Toaks folding titanium spoon, a small 2.5 inch Kershaw folding stainless steel knife and a small bic lighter. I also use a home-made windscreen from 3-4 layers of household aluminum foil (which wraps around the outside.

pot3.jpg

pot4.jpgAs with other items, Toaks gives you a lightweight orange stretchy bag, so packed, with the windscreen wrapped on the outside, it looks like this:

pot5.jpg
I never believe manufacturer's weights, so I have weighed this myself. Without the fuel cannister my complete kit weighs 8.5 oz (my knife accounts for almost 2 oz of that). That means with a full fuel can, it is just under 1 lb.

As far as quality of construction goes, I think the Japanese titanium products (like Snow Peak) have a better reputation than Chinese—but—it's just a pot. So far it has withstood two seasons without getting wacked out of round.

I bought this online directly from Toaks. I have noticed many of their items are often out of stock (like this one right now) and take some time to be replenished.

Thanks for reading!

Great review, Doug!

G00SE

The volume on the side is a great selling point (I'd prefer a line inside even more!). Thanks for the review.

Doug Stevens

Its on the inside and out side as it is embossed through the metal