Under Armour ColdGear Base 3.0 Crew

Fabric 7.0 oz Polyester / Elastane

I searched long and hard for an expedition weight…

Fabric: Polyester?

I searched long and hard for an expedition weight top. Here is the fruit of my search. If this shirt has a "problem," it's that it is too hot for most activities. Snowshoeing through the woods with a 45 lbs. pack, I have comfortably worn this by itself down to 4 degrees (F).

When it does warm up, it seems to wick well. It is also very tough, recently I had been wearing it to play football in and no one managed to tear it.

The best part is, if you find a decent price it is no more expensive than base layers from more classic "outdoors" companies. Lots of compliments on the look too, the picture displayed above is the women's model.

One last note, I have the Patagonia Capilene 4 bottoms, and it is much thicker than them, yet it is very stretchy, unrestrictive material.

Under Armour Men's ColdGear Base 3.0 Crew

The Under Armour Men's ColdGear Base 3.0 Crew is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 2, 2013 at Altrec Outdoors.

If you're looking for a new long sleeve performance top, check out the best reviewed current models.