Under Armour ColdGear Infrared Werewolf Jacket

LIKE AN ARMOR SHELL. I'll start with the con. I think…

Summary

LIKE AN ARMOR SHELL.

Pros

• Warm
  • Versatile
  • Rugged

Cons

• Fit

I'll start with the con. I think the fit of UA in general seems to be as if they are made for tall skinny guys. That being said I tried to find this jacket to try on before purchasing it, but was unsuccessful in finding it in my area. I tried on other jackets by UA and found the same to be true. I bought it online at a great price and went with the small because I wanted it for under, and not over. The sleeves fit perfect but the length of the jacket was a bit long for my build (5-8, 150).

I was looking for a really warm mid-layer, and the Werewolf Jacket met those needs well. At first it fit snug around the chest, but has loosened up since wearing and now feels snug, but good snug like a suit of armor. There's no draw cord on the hood, but this is not a problem for me as it is layered under another jacket with a drawstring hood. It fits perfectly under my 2 layer waterproof/windproof soft shell jacket, and those and a base layer have kept me warm as toast down to 0 degrees. I added one more layer and was perfect at 20 below. So, even in the small I can fit a base and mid layer under it comfortably.

The jacket seems strongly built and has plenty of pockets for stuff. It packs small, and would also be handy on a crispy fall day or cool summer night as an easy warming layer. I really wish I could have felt how a medium fit, but think it might have been long in the sleeves and too long in the body where it might bunch up underneath a shell. I don't have the comparison so I can't say for sure, but I am happy with the way the small fits me because it serves my purpose to be a fairly tight mid-layer.

When I'm wearing this jacket I really feel like I'm protected by it alone, or under a shell. I'm sure this jacket would also work great in a large for me as an over the top layer. I was very comfortable and not sweating wearing this completely layered up on a 17 degree day and in a store fore a half an hour.

I think this jacket was a great addition to my snowshoeing apparel as well as every day use. I could see this being a perfect layer with a base underneath for a 25 degree snowshoe. I can tell the Werewolf Jacket will be go to protection on any kind of weather. Very cool jacket!

Start with Primaloft(R) insulation and put that on the core where you need massive wamrth. Then take our windproof softershell fabric and put that across the arms and shoulders-where you take the brunt of the wind. What you get is a lightweight hybrid that layers easily under a shell and protects you from the cold off the hill. UA Storm gear uses a DWR finish to repel water without sacrificing breathability100g Primaloft(R) insulation is lightweight, water-resistant, breathable, and can be compressed without losing warmthColdGear(R) Infrared uses a soft, thermo-conductive inner coating to absorb and retain your own body heatWindproof, bonded 2-layer softershell material on chest and arms ColdGear(R) cuffs to shut out the chillChest media pocket with interior escapeSecure hand pocketsBody: PolyesterCuffs: Polyester/ElastaneImported

- Under Armour

Under Armour ColdGear Infrared Werewolf Jacket for MenThe Under Armour Coldgear Infrared Werewolf Jacket for Men is made of windproof soft shell fabric that conserves the heat of your body. This sleek light weight polyester jacket also protects you from the biting cold and breeze when outdoors. Its 100g Primaloft insulation is water-resistant, breathable, and can be compressed without losing warmth. The cuffs add a further stretch and warmth as it does not allow any cold to enter the jacket. Furthermore, the jacket comes with secure pockets that you can use to store your valuables safely. Its DWR finish is water resistant ensuring that you are kept dry during those rainy days. Don't stop yourself from going out in the cold weather as this Under Armour Coldgear Infrared Werewolf Jacket for Men will protect you.

- SunnySports

On Sale. Free Shipping. Under Armour Men's UA Coldgear Werewolf Infrared Jacket FEATURES of the Under Armour Men's UA Coldgear Werewolf Infrared Jacket UA Storm Primaloft insulation mapped with Softer shell Coldgear infrared printed interior Coldgear cuffs Secure internal media pocket Secure hand pockets SPECIFICATIONS of the Under Armour Men's UA Coldgear Werewolf Infrared Jacket Body: 100% Polyester Insulation: 100% Primaloft (100g) Arms: 9.14 oz, 100% Polyester This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.

A hybrid designed for extreme comfort in bitter cold, the Werewolf features PrimaLoft insulation for heat-trapping warmth and stretch soft shell panels for weather resistance, breathability, and mobility.

- EMS

The CGI Werewolf is versatile in look and attitude, no wonder you can become something else. It comes with Storm, Primaloft Insulation mapped with softershell. Inhanced with ColdGear Infrared printed interior, ColdGear Cuffs, Secure internal media pocket and secure hand pockets.

- Rocky Mountain Trail