Vasque Snowburban UltraDry

I purchased these boots when I realized that my low-hikers,…

Price Paid: 120.00 ( on sale)

Summary

I purchased these boots when I realized that my low-hikers, despite applications of chemical waterproofing, were definitely not going to keep my feet dry on winter hikes, snowshoeing, and during slushy spring hikes. I decided to splurge, and shell out the bucks for these boots, and I am extremely satisfied...they are great boots, and well worth the investment.(Though at first the name "snowburban" put me off...sounded too much like suburban!)

Pros

• comfortable , waterproof, durable, warm

Cons

• laces can be a bit slick, hard to pull tight

vasque-boots.jpg

I purchased these boots just over a year ago, so they have seen nearly daily use from January to April, and then again since last November. There was a very brief ( 2-3 short hikes) break-in period , but I very quickly realized these would be very comfortable, and solid boots for me. They weigh in at 1lbĀ  13 oz. per boot..to me, they seem quite light, and I never feel as though I am wearing concrete blocks on my feet (as I have with some other boots!)

These boots are extremely comfortable...initially I had concerned that they may be "too high", but the upper material has some nice flexibility, yet provides good support. They are warm, but not oppressively so; I have used them in temperatures from minus 20 (f), to 40 degrees (f), with only a light or mid-weight hiking sock.

I use the boots for microspike hiking on icy,hard packed snow, or shoulder-season conditions of slush/ice/mud/snow, and they provide a good, secure feeling, and my feet have never gotten wet. In the winter, I also use them frequently for snowshoeing, and they have served very nicely. The molded heel helps the snowshoe strap stay in place. There is a small d-ring on the base of the laces, for attachment of gaiters.

When I use the boots w/o snowshoes or spikes, they appear to have a good traction sole, yet do not collect lots of mud or snow on the sole.

I would certainly recommend these boots to others.

tubbs-7-heel.jpg

Nice review, Shelia. Thank you!

11 hours ago