I hate blisters. These liners do an awesome job providing…

Summary

I hate blisters. These liners do an awesome job providing slick surface to rub in my boots besides my heels as well as keeping them dry by wicking away moisture.

Pros

• Great barrier against blisters
  • Wicks moisture

Cons

• Material degrades in high heat from the dryer and UV from the sun

Nothing ruins a hike faster than a blister. Once the hot spot starts, it is all I am thinking about. After trying most remedies out there, I decided to try these synthetic liners. Wow! They are wonderful. I haven't had any blisters and my feet are not pruney after hiking all day.

The liners are made from 100% polypropylene and like silk, provide a nice slippery surface to rub in your boot while staying formed to your foot. Because the fabric is synthetic, it doesn't absorb moisture and wicks it away from your foot.

The downside: because the socks are made from a plastic, they to not handle high heat from the dryer or UV very well. To mitigate degradation, line dry the socks and keep them from direct sunlight. The manufacturer also recommends washing them inside out.