Yukon Charlie's Carbon Lite Trekker

Length 65-135 cm
Diameter 18/16/14
Material Carbon Fiber

Great lightweight trekking poles for a bargain price.

Summary

Great lightweight trekking poles for a bargain price.

Pros

• Light
  • Strong
  • Good features

Cons

• None

This is a review of the Yukon Charlie's Carbon Lite Trekker poles. They are listed on Yukon Charlie's website for around $70, but you can get them at Costco.com for only $49.99 (if you are a member). I have no connection to either company.

Yukon Charlie's was not a familiar name to me, but I ordered these poles and they have been great. I have put over 200 miles on them in the High Sierra and southeast Appalachians, including using them to support my shelter, and have had no problems.

These weigh in on my scale at 6.98 oz apiece, with straps. That's a lot lighter than many of the BD, Leki, Komperdell, and other brand names that cost twice as much. Yukon Charlie's lists these poles as 100% carbon fiber, with carbide tip.

I have had more than a few occasions when I stumbled and threw my weight to one of the poles to the point that it flexed a little, I was afraid it would snap, but they have held up without fail.

The 3-section pole is adjustable out to 135cm by using two flip-locks per pole. I know a lot of people don't like flip-locks, but these have never slipped on me and they work much better than twist-locks to adjust while propping up your shelter. And, no tools necessary -- another knock on flip-locks is the need for a screwdriver head if the flip-lock gets too loose, but these poles have finger-tighten adjustment built in so super-easy and quick to adjust without tools if needed.

These poles have EVA foam grips, molded grips at top and then extended down the pole for those who like to change grip positions. Straps are comfortable.

Collapse to 24.5" for storage/shipping. Strap is adjustable and can be removed. Comes with two sets of baskets.

Yukon Charlie's Carbon Lite Trekker

The Yukon Charlie's Carbon Lite Trekker is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new trekking pole, check out the best reviewed current models.