Yukon Charlie's Trail Series 825

My first pair of snowshoes, but I do not see a reason…

Price Paid: I don't recall the cost. It was at Costco, 3 years ago.

Summary

My first pair of snowshoes, but I do not see a reason to change. Easy on and easy off. They stay on while out enjoying the snow. I would definitely recommend them. I am 5'6" and 128 pounds.

Pros

• Easy on and off
  • I happen to love the color

They are easy to size to your snow boot or hiking boot. I have used them a half a dozen times or so, in deep soft snow and on icy crunchy snow of the Pacific Northwest Cascade mountains. There are some signs of use, but no flaws in the gear.

I love my shoes. I have the 825's and they are great.

I love my shoes. I have the 825's and they are great. This is the 3rd winter I've had them, no problems.

Here in the Northeast we've had lots of snow this winter and I've used them almost every day. Love them.

I purchased a pair of Yukon Charlies Snow Shoes. They…

I purchased a pair of Yukon Charlies Snow Shoes. They aren't worth the price and their customer service reps are terrible. I wore them exactly twice for no more than an hour all together. Pulled them out to use them this year and they are cracked in four different places on the rivets. Cheap construction apparently.

Contacted YC customer service and they will do nothing for me unless I mail - at my expense both ways [$15 each way] and they will examine them to see if they will do anything. Even if they do nothing, I pay to get them back. The customer service person was very rude. I will never buy another YC product and would not recommend.

Blaze a trail without breaking the budget! Yukon Charlie's Trail snowshoes are great for weekend adventures on flat to moderate terrain. Lightweight, one-piece aluminum frames with high-density polyethylene decking provides maintenance-free durability. Bindings with soft polypropylene straps adjust to fit a wide array of shoe sizes. Binding opens wide to allow easy entry and exit. Crampon system delivers traction on packed snow and groomed trails.

- REI refers to the men's version

Yukon Charlie's Trail Series 825

The Yukon Charlie's Trail Series 825 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2009 at REI.

If you're looking for a new recreational snowshoe, check out the best reviewed current models.