Blogs, Videos, Pics, Tweets? What's your ideal Outdoor Retailer coverage?

Leave to Trace Bigfoot
Leave No Trace's Bigfoot at OR. More Bigfoot or less?

From the latest lightweight packs and snow safety gear to collapsible potty trowels and organic energy bars, the biannual Outdoor Retailer trade show has gear for outdoor enthusiasts of all interests and styles.

What are you most eager to hear about from next week's show, and how?

January 18-22, Alicia and I will be dispatching outdoor product news direct from Salt Lake City to you, our Trailspace community.

You can follow along here in the blog, on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and on Trailspace's YouTube channel.

More pics of packs or less?

With approximately 20,000 OR attendees and nearly 1,000 outdoor brands, it's an exciting, jam-packed, exhausting show. While no one can visit every brand's booth in the sprawling Salt Palace, we do want the coverage we choose and prepare to be the best for you.

So, what does your ideal OR coverage look like?

How much do you care about new gear versus gear news? Are there certain types of outdoor products you'd most like to see covered? Outdoor trends you're curious about?

Want more people and less products profiled in the blogs, or vice versa? More coverage of show events and happenings on the show floor. Or should we stick to noteworthy new backcountry gear?

How about more pictures and videos and less words and product descriptions? Or do you crave the straight product facts and specs?

Trailspace has published more than 200 articles on Outdoor Retailer so far. Here's your chance to tell us what you'd most like to see, read, watch, and discover at the ultimate outdoor gear show next week.

Comments

January 11, 2012 at 10:24 a.m. (EST)

I love the coverage of the OR show. First and foremost I am a backpacker but being a gear head runs a close second... Very close.

All gear is great by me.

I personally want to thank all of you for going out there and taking the time to forward some of the "highlighted" gear and info with us.

They need to have an OR show in Pittsburgh lol. I would be like a kid in a candy store at one of these.

gonzan
January 11, 2012 at 2:39 p.m. (EST)

I think the coverage of past shows has been great. Lots of Photos and videos is always a good idea, though I definitely look for the hard information and specs. Getting a real visual idea of the product is important, and few things are more infuriating that a lack of real spec info.

I like that the focus is on the new and noteworthy advances in tech and gear.

I vote for the next one to be in Chattanooga! I mean, its a green city, with a nice big convention center, tgat sits on the Tennessee River, is surrounded by ridges, mountains, and has some of the best whitewater and rock climbing nearby :)

slally
January 11, 2012 at 2:51 p.m. (EST)

I'll take in blog form, thanks!

flembacca
January 11, 2012 at 3:28 p.m. (EST)

More Packs!!

Jake W
January 11, 2012 at 9:14 p.m. (EST)

Gotta have more Bigfoot.......and videos.

Seth Levy (Seth)
January 13, 2012 at 11:26 a.m. (EST)

Good suggestions folks!  Alicia and I have been preparing furiously, and this OR looks like it will have a lot of interesting stuff!

azrhino
January 17, 2012 at 11:33 a.m. (EST)

Always interested in new gear. If not to purchase just to see whats the new trending ideas.  If we could get links to new company XYZ's web site that would be awesome.  That way we could do all the researching and window shoping our little OCD hearts desire.

Thanxs for all you do!