Altra Lone Peak 1.5

Very comfortable zero drop trail shoe with some cushion.

Summary

Very comfortable zero drop trail shoe with some cushion.

Pros

• Tough sole
  • Grip on anything
  • Zero drop

Cons

• Toe seperated slightly

Well, my first Altra trail shoe was the original Lone Peak, so it seemed when the 1.5 came out, I had to have them. I was a little put off by the color and surprised to see that the heel had been made stiff with added support.

They fit very snug and very comfortable. They really lock right on to the foot for a solid fit. I'd say they fit well like any other Altra shoe.

The shoe has handled a lot of different terrain and has also been beat on in many tough races. The only minimal damage I have been able to do is pull back the rubber toe a little bit.

The shoes are still very much usable and these have a lot of life in them after plenty of abuse. I've swam in them on a couple occasions, no issues at all. The water drains as fast as it goes in. Wet or dry, they do not slip and my foot always seems to be locked in place.

These are really great shoes and if you're looking for something with just a little bit less cushion and padding than the 2.0, check out the 1.5.
battlefrogtyroleantraverse4.jpg

Thanks for the review, John. There is a glue called E6000 that can fix the separated rubber. A tube at Walmart or Dollar General will run you about $2.

Thanks again, John.

These shoes are ridiculously comfortable, especially…

Price Paid: about $120 CAD

Summary

These shoes are ridiculously comfortable, especially in the toe-box! They provide the perfect amount of space up front for my extra-wide toes, but are tight in the mid section to hold me in place! Grip is great on trail, less impressive on slippery bridges though.

Pros

• Natural fit
  • Zero-drop, but with enough cushion

Cons

• Rubber isn't quite as sticky on slippery bridges
  • Tongue is a little thick

As I said above, very comfortable and a great ride. The zero-drop with cushioning is really nice to run on. The width of the toe-box is what really got me hooked on these... I'll have to go buy 4 more pairs!

The tongue is a little thick and may be a little uncomfortable where it attaches to the shoe (nothing some scissors can't fix!).

Overall great shoe!!

Awesome shoe, try em, you'll like em. This has to…

Source: received it as a sample, freebie, or prize (Altra and Campsaver)

Summary

Awesome shoe, try em, you'll like em.

• Grip and traction
  • Fit
  • Comfort

Cons

• Some finishing detail

This has to be one of the best shoes out there. Fit is true to size with plenty of toe room and very comfortable. These shoes are fast and light with good traction.

I liked the Zero Drop design; it seems to get you off your heels and makes you a little faster, just like your high school cross country days! And the Zero Drop is not that hard to run in. I like the extra toe room and wider forefoot; it gives more control.

There are some rough cuts in the material, but the shoe seems to hold up well. I use this shoe for fast tempo trail runs.