If you're looking for a zero drop, distance trail…

Source: received it as a sample, freebie, or prize (Fleet Feet Maine Running Company)

Summary

If you're looking for a zero drop, distance trail shoe, this is it!

Pros

• Super Cadillac ride
  • Great traction
  • Zero drop

Cons

• Some mud got stuck between two layers of the toe box that I couldn't get out until dry.

sbwc1.jpg
tfells3.jpg

This shoe has been a great long distance trail shoe for me. First stepping into them, the 26mm of stack height caught me off guard. It's only 3mm taller than the 1.5 and a few more mm taller than the Superior. Very noticeable and I thought I was on stilts.

But that cushion really helped on a recent 50K win. The legs and joints didn't feel any noticable aches or pains that I'd normally have over long distances. Traction is also not an issue on a multitude of surfaces.

Really I enjoy all of Altras shoes. I think now I have all of their trail shoes and the 2.0 is the go-to for any long trail runs. Jogging or racing. Water just flows through them, which is nice. Trails will get wet and you don't have to worry about puddle jumping. Water goes in, water goes out. Kinda refreshing.

No temperature issues or hot spots. Altra has always been great and I've always raced them fresh out of the box. No need to break them in for me. They have some added features of gaitor attachments which I haven't used yet. I plan to run them in some upcoming snowshoe races and am pretty excited.

Lone Peak 2.0 is well worth the investment for a distance trail shoe.

thorncrag.jpg

denis daly

I'd been looking at the New lone peak 2.0 thanks for the review and about the hot spots..I thought about that..One question did you change out the insole for something after market?

John Beliveau

Nope, I'm up to 6 pairs of Altras and have not switched out any insoles. One thing that did just come to mind is I thought the 2.o may fit just a half size larger than the others. Or maybe just a roomier toe box. Be sure to test them out in person before ordering anything online

Thanks for sharing this Altra review, John. I'v never tried them, but Altra seems to have a strong and growing fan base. I'd love to see a picture of your pair in your review, if you're willing to add any. Congrats again on that 50K win!

John Beliveau

Thank you, sure, all sorts of pictures. More reviews on the way!

Thanks, John! Looking forward to more reviews from you.