Big Agnes Hog Park 20°

Max user height - 6 ft 6 in / 200 cm
Shoulder girth - 80.5 in / 204 cm
Hip girth - 74.5 in / 189 cm
Foot girth - 66 in / 170 cm

This is a great sleeping bag for large men. I am 6'2"…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

This is a great sleeping bag for large men. I am 6'2" and 265 lbs and I toss and move in my sleep. The Hog Park allowed me to turn over in the bag while zippered.

Pros

• Sleeve for your sleeping pad, so you can't roll off.
  • Large enough to be comfortable

Cons

• Has no bottom insulation. Need to have an insulated pad
  • Has a sleeve for a pillow which I didn't need
  • Too heavy for backpacking

Ive used my Big Agnes Hog Park twice now. For me at 6'2" and 265 lbs it was great. the length was long enough for me to stretch out and its girth allowed me to turn over easily. I chose the Big Agnes Hog Park to go with my Big Agnes Air core pad that I have owned for 7 years (of course the pad chose to fail the first time I used them together. This just gave me the chance to upgrade to the Big Agnes Insulated air core.). The Big Agnes system is great. With the sleeping pad enclosed within the sleeping bag you wont ever wake up off the pad.

The only drawbacks are the fact that you have to use a pad underneath because there is no insulation underneath. The other drawback is its weight at almost 6lbs.

First off I have to say that I absolutely love the…

Design: Long
Fill: 650 down
Temperature Rating: 15 degree
Weight: 3lbs 8 oz

First off I have to say that I absolutely love the concept of these Park Series bags from Big Agnes, and I think with a little work they would have a winner. They are extremely roomy, which is paramount for me as I just can't get comfy in a mummy bag, and the Summit Park is light enough to pack. But the 15 degree rating on this thing is WAY over rated.

I have now spent several nights in cold weather in this bag down to the mid 20's. Have tried multiple pads with this bag. Two inflatables and a Prolite 4. The last 2 nights with an Exped Synmat 9 Deluxe rated at R-6 and approx 0 degrees. With it, a full fleece liner and a layer of Capilene 4 I was just barely comfortable on cold ground surrounded by snow with temps about 25.

The down in the bag seems to work it's way towards the edges more than it should. BA says that they have corrected this with a different baffle design but I have the new design and it hasn't. There needs to be more down over the top of the body and not around the sides. Seems that in a race to produce the lightest that they gave up on comfort. I would gladly pack another 8 oz of down that stayed in place in this thing in exchange for comfort.

Oh, and the zipper ALWAYS gets hung up.

I have spoken with BA and they are great to work with, but even they suggested a liner or heavier insulated pad. Which I already have. They also gave me the name of a company that can do alterations and add more down. What would you bet they have had this complaint before.

These companies really should be held accountable for putting out these ratings hence the 2 stars. This is a 35 degree or better bag and if it would have been advertised as such, with a good zipper, it would be 5 stars. I am using this with equipment that is designed for colder weather. We should not have to go to extremes to make their rating work. There is only one other warmer pad that I am aware of and that is the Exped 9 Deluxe Downmat with an R-8 rating. I may get one, or I may just not camp in 25 degree weather any more.

Can someone please produce a true cold weather bag 0 degrees or so that is roomy, packable and comfortable?

I bought this in January for $55 for the bag and the…

Design: Rectangular
Fill: Quallofil
Temperature Rating: 20 degrees F

I bought this in January for $55 for the bag and the Hinman sleeping pad from Sportsman's Warehouse on an inventory reduction sale. I have used it three times now. The coldest was 25 degrees F and I slept very warm. For car camping this is a great bag and as an older and more abused camper I found the thick sleeping pad very comfortable.

Visit Big Agnes's Hog Park 20° page.

The Big Agnes Summit Park 15 Sleeping Bag follows the tradition of Big Agnes Park Series Sleeping Bags but instead of using Polarguard Delta, the Summit Park uses 650 Goose Down insulation. By using Goose Down insulation in the Big Agnes Summit Park, you have the best of both worlds in room and weight. The Summit Park is not only geared for car camping but with a weight of only 3lbs 8oz, backpacking as well. Designed to be used with a 25" x 78" rectangular pad. Check out the new 25" wide Insulated Air Core and Two Track pads.

- CampSaver.com

From the Big Agnes Park Series, the synthetic Hog Park sleeping bag offers big guys and campers who like a lot of space supreme comfort at base camp and during car-camping excursions.

Big Agnes designed the Hog Park Sleeping Bag for folks who like an extra-roomy bag during three-season camping trips. This synthetic bag's rectangular shape provides the extra elbow and foot room so you can find the perfect position for a good night's sleep in the backcountry.

Free Shipping. Big Agnes Hog Park 20 Degree Sleeping Bag FEATURES of the Big Agnes Hog Park 20 Degree Sleeping Bag Integrated full pad sleeve Rectangular shaped bag Pillow Pocket Liner loops 70in./178 cm YKK 8 zipper Mate together left and right zip bags Nylon stuff sack No-draft collar, No-draft wedge, No-draft zipper Exterior loops for hang drying or storage Not available on Buffalo Park SPECIFICATIONS of the Big Agnes Hog Park 20 Degree Sleeping Bag Nylon taffeta shell fabric Cotton/Polyester lining Thermolite Quallofil - short staple synthetic fibers with patented seven hole construction Bag Weight: 5 lbs 11 oz / 2580 g Fill Type: Quallofil Fill Weight: 40 oz / 1134 g Compressed Dimension: 10 x 21in. / 25 x 30 cm Stuff Sack Dimension: 10 x 21in. / 25 x 30 cm Girth Dimension: 80.5 x 74.5 x 66in. / 205 x 189 x 168 cm Bag Size: Fits up to 6'6in./ 198 cm Pad Dimension: 25 x 78in./ 64 x 198 cm