User Review: Camp-Tek Microburst
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: $30
This is an extremely small and extremely light option for inflating the camp pad (not mattress).
- Blows non humidified air
- Electrical, needs batteries
- Fragile, not to be used as a tennis ball
With batteries it weighs 0.148 lbs and is about the same volume as a tennis ball. Amazing.
Not necessarily the choice of the hardcore adventurer, but as soon as you see someone else not huffing and puffing for a couple of minutes on their own mattress you too will probably be asking to borrow their Microburst.
I chose one of two available colors, I chose Lemon Lime rather than orange.
To assist in the start of the inflation one of a couple of more things should could be done to assist this little blower.
- unroll and stretch out camp pad
- clear area at inflation nipple so pump/blower will not get blocked
- check inflation nipple is fully open for inflation
- blow (yourself) one breath into pad to separate and open inlet area of pad, or
- just pull layers of pad apart to assist with the pump/blower getting the air going in past nipple
- set watch timer to 2 minutes