User Review: Deuter Aircontact 75+10
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: $220
I researched thoroughly and determined this model was my best bet for strenuous, multi-day expeditions.
- Suspension system distributes weight efficiently and comfortably
- Organization of pack's compartments helped me stay organized
- Emotional value of everytime I utilized my bag I was reminded of how good this pack is
- Adjustments to suspension system allow for shifting of weight distribution which keeps muscles from being taxed to exhaustion
- Love the rain tarp and it having its own pocket! Very convenient!
- Maybe it is a little heavy, but it is a comfortable workhorse
- The water bladder's velcro strap to hold the bladder up is not adequate for carrying the weight...eventually velcro fails and the bladder drops low into its compartment which is not ideal for load distribution
- Wish it was made in either Germany or USA
- Not enamored with my color options (I have green) but may grow to appreciate it
A trip on the Appalachian Trail confirmed that it is well-designed, comfortable, rugged and comfortable. The pack revealed its strength as the trip went on. Compartment organization was superb for me (I like to find gear when needed). It may not be a superlight, but the suspension system helps to lessen the pain of a heavy load. Pack showed little wear after a demanding week.
I expect to have my Deuter for a long time. Looking forward to my next trip with this high performance pack!