ExOfficio BugsAway Adventure Hat

Great hiking or paddling hat when you are out in the…

Summary

Great hiking or paddling hat when you are out in the sun. It is light and breathable but I have not had any luck with it keeping away mosquitoes and have gotten bug bites on my face while wearing it.

Pros

• Wide brim, perfect for the sum
  • Comfortable and breathable
  • Quick drying
  • Light

Cons

• Not actually bug resistant

I purchased this hat for a recent backpacking trip. I knew it was going to be warm with a high potential for mosquitoes. I was also in need of a new hiking and paddling hat with a wide brim to wear in the sun.

It is labeled as unisex and I was really happy with the way it fit and looked. It was fitted without being too tight or loose. I have not felt the need to use the chin strap to keep it in place and usually just take it off since it is removable.

This hat keeps the sun out of your face and the darker brim underside reduces glare as well. I have worn it in the rain and found that it dries very quickly. It also washes well and does not dry misshapen.

Although it claims to have built in Insect Shield, I have received a few mosquito bites on my face while wearing this hat. While this would have been a nice feature to have, I cannot say I'm disappointed because I purchased it more for its sun blocking abilities than its bug blocking features.

IMG9523962.jpg

Megan, just wanted to welcome you to Trailspace. I'm enjoying your reviews. Keep 'em coming!

Visit ExOfficio's BugsAway Adventure Hat page.

Exofficio's Adventure Hat makes perfect packing sense. It protects from bugs, sunburns, and moisture while you experience sun-filled adventures. Insect Shield repellent lasts 70 washings.

- CampSaver.com

The packable, insect-repellent ExOfficio BugsAway Adventure Hat stows easily in a jacket pocket so it's at the ready when the sun comes out and the bugs start buzzing your head.

ExOfficio BugsAway Adventure Hat FEATURES of the ExOfficio BugsAway Adventure Hat Flexible brim Anti-glare under brim Mesh-lined headband and crown Removable, adjustable clip-on chin strap Anti-Insect Lightweight Quick Drying Sun Guard 30+ SPECIFICATIONS of the ExOfficio BugsAway Adventure Hat Brim Width: 3 1/8in. Nycott: 100% Nylon

ExOfficio's BugsAway Adventure Hat provides maximum protection from bugs and sun, so you can enjoy hiking, paddling, and touring.

- EMS