Gerber Compact Sport Multi-Plier

I own three of these little beauties: one for work,…

Price Paid: don't remember

I own three of these little beauties: one for work, one for home and one for hiking/backpacking.  Never had a problem with any of them.

It's smaller, lighter  and less costly than most Leatherman models.  The blade is easy to sharpen and holds an edge well.

I highly recommend this multi-tool for home and infrequent use.  Not too certain it'd do the job for everyday, hard work and/or commercial usage, but overall am very pleased with its performance and durability.

I have owned one for almost 15 years with no malfunctions…

Price Paid: gift?

I have owned one for almost 15 years with no malfunctions or breakage. The main blade is quite sharp but I wish that it were not serrated.

It picked up a few very small rust spots after some very wet summers in Alaska but they have been sanded off and not returned.

I have this model but with a corkscrew. The 400 has…

I have this model but with a corkscrew. The 400 has been amazing I have used one for years. Other multitools that swing open seem to lose function after some hard outdoor use due to the plier head not opening and closing w/ the handles.

I do have a gripe though, the cutters are not hard enough and they got a big notch or dent from trying to cut some hard steel, but all in all great they go on every trip and have a pair in the truck.