Grivel G12

I used these crampons climbing and descending Alum…

Price Paid: gift

I used these crampons climbing and descending Alum Cave trail last week in the Smokies. The traction these things provided was incredible. Used them for about 3 miles up the trail and 5 miles down and they never slipped one single time on the ice, snow, or even rocks.

The only issue  that I blame myself for and not the equipment is one crampon did pop off on the walk down the mountian. However, I believe this to be my fault for not verifying fit that morning since I set the fit at home at 70 degrees F and I think the boot soles shrank the next morning when the temp was -2 degrees F.

I would not have attempted this trail had I not had these devices that provide such great traction.

I am a mountain hiker and I am active all year round…

Price Paid: €. 125 / $. 175

I am a mountain hiker and I am active all year round mainly in the Bavarian and Austrian Alps. Day tours only. I walk on Hanwag shoes from early spring to late autumn with the support of light crampons if necessary. In winter I hike on Raichle All Degree's with Grivel G12 crampons. Excellent combination.

To the Grivel G12 crampons:

This is an excellent product. Very sturdy and versatile. For my Raichle shoes I have the mixed version, with the fixed clip-on binding for the heel and the universal binding for the front.

The heel clip-on binding is user friendly and, once fastened, will stay tight all day long.

The front fastening system, with the cord going through two simple rings, is very easy and effective and hardly needs any re-fastening, not even after some intensive climbing.

Recommendable without hesitation.

Visit Grivel's G12 page.

Free Shipping. Grivel G12 New Matic Crampon Package FEATURES of the Grivel G12 New Matic Crampon Package Classic 12-point crampon designed for general mountaineering Perpendicular to the crampon rails, the four points prevent shearing in soft snow Improve security while descending (facing outward) The crampons are fully adjustable by hand G12 is easily folded for transportation The Antibott included

Alpine climbers and mountaineers count on the versatile Grivel G12 Crampons to take on any terrain they encounter in the mountains. The G12's time-proven design is an excellent choice for everything but the steepest pitches of ice.

An evolution of the Cramp-O-Matic system which utilises the C-O-M rear bale and lever. The plastic harness system is hinged from two front posts which retain the boot securely even if it has a shallow, worn front welt or overboots are being used. It is a simple and efficient binding, being far more versatile than the original Cramp-O-Matic style. Made in dual-component plastic: the black part is stronger, bearing the strain whilst the yellow part is softer, increasing adherence to the boot. The harness is made from the strongest, most durable plastic available -Zytel Dupont, which was developed for the manufacture of alpine ski bindings. Obviously it cannot last forever, so please, after long and severe use replace the harness the same way you would resole trekking boots or rock climbing shoes.Specs:Binding: New-MaticChromolly steelSemi-rigidWeight: 30.64 ozAntibott includedCE certified

- Second Ascent

A classic 12-point crampon, Grivel's G12 New-Matic is designed for general mountaineering, alpinism, mixed ice and rock climbing, and moderate waterfall routes.This product will be shipped directly from Grivel and will leave their warehouse in 2-3 business days. Eligible for UPS ground shipping only.

- EMS