Hennessy Hammock Expedition Asym

Design: Super Shelter 4 season
Ease of Setup: Very easy
Weight: 3 lb.

I have backpacked for about 15 years, mostly in the Sierras of California. I'm 56. For the past 5 years I have packed the Mt. Washington area, summer and fall. I bought a Hennessy Hammock this season, it has enabled me to sleep out all year, and I will never use a tent again. It is just perfect, sets up in minutes, anywhere.

This fall I bought the complete cold weather Super Shelter addition, and have been out in the coldest weather so far this season, 19 deg. F. It is unaffected by wind and snow fall. I have set up in the dark several times, what a great adventure, the Hennesy website directions work well. I have a few little extra hooks to speed stretching guy lines in the cold with gloves on. Minor condensation, though present, has never affected my sleeping bag.

Even with extra insulating pads, all the equipment is feather light, and ties on anywhere to the pack, or stuffs inside, taking up little space. If I could use the hammock at home, I would sleep in it all the time, it's really comfortable, warm and dry. Can't wait for more cold nights out. The cost is worth it if you are serious about backpacking.

Have you owned or used a Hennessy Hammock Expedition Asym? Share your experience »