User Review: Hennessy Hammock Expedition Asym
Price Paid: $99
Some other tips:
1. Buy rap rings and look at YouTube for amended set up. Adds a little weight but worth it.
2. I have an Exped mat. I've learned to semi-inflate it. It pushes your hammock out to the side, giving you more room and provides insulation.
3. Ditch the tarp and buy a new one. The tarp is indeed too small and you will encounter wetness in bad weather.
4. If you're a guy, you WILL learn to pee by opening the velcro bottom, sitting up and letting nature take care of business. Just be careful where you store your boots. And just ensure the velcro is redone or else your arse will be sticking out of your hammock the next morning.
5. I also ditched the guide lines that came with it and bought longer, brightly coloured line.
6. The biggest downfall is loneliness. Once in, you're alone. So if it's very bad weather, you didn't bring a tarp and you turn in for the night, you lose the option to converse with your mate/friend. You just lie there! On the positive side, you don't have to tolerate your partner's snoring EVER again.