humangear capCAP

A nice replacement top for large mouth bottles. Provides…

Summary

A nice replacement top for large mouth bottles. Provides a smaller drinking area which helps keep the fluid off your body when the ice shifts or you turn up the bottle too fast.

Pros

• Keeps ice in its place
  • Smaller drinking surface is easier to drink from
  • Well made
  • Cap has a rubberized surface for easy spinning on/off

Cons

• None

I've used Nalgene bottles for close to 20 years and periodically have to replace the tops due to dishwasher heater element mishaps or because the strap eventually wears out. I needed to replace a top recently and I saw this humangear top at one of our Army/Navy Surplus stores and decided to try it.

I have been really pleased with it. The Nalgene bottles are already a bit heavy and this lid doesn't really add much more to it than the normal top. But, you get the major benefit of a top that's easier to drink from and you don't have to worry about the ice shifting and dumping a load of water over your face/neck/clothes.

The cap does add a little height to the bottle but that hasn't been a problem for me.

WP_20140115_22_03_21_Pro.jpg

Here's how the drinking spout looks.

WP_20140115_22_05_42_Pro.jpg

Even though I use this on my Nalgene bottle, it fits several different wide mouth bottles.  The packaging lists:

• Works with 32 oz. Nalgene wide-mouth bottles, Nalgene OTG bottles, all CamelBak bottles, Cyclone bottles and other wide-mouth options
DrPhun

My wife has one and likes it. The only issue she has with it is because it is two tops, sometimes we forget to tighten one and it leaks i.e. we tighten the lid on the bottle, but forget to tighten the lid over the smaller spoout - it's our fault, but easy to do.