Kelty Elkhorn 675

I have used this fanny pack for several years and…

Price Paid: about $75

Summary

I have used this fanny pack for several years and in different mountain regions. It is my standard for elk and deer hunting.

Pros

• Very well designed. The pockets and compartments are just right for easy access.

For what I do: solo elk and deer hunting in mountainous regions of the western US, the Kelty Elk Horn is a perfect daypack. It fits well on me (I'm 5'10" and weigh about 185 pounds) and the harness and belt system is comfortable to wear and rides well all day.

It has enough room to carry my survival gear, as well as the knives, a saw, and game bags needed to process a big game animal in the field.

I'm disappointed it has been discontinued — it is really a great, durable product!

I've had this pack for a few years now. This a good…

Price Paid: $60?

I've had this pack for a few years now. This a good cool season hunting pack which is what I use it for.  It makes a good archery pack. In the winter and during the rut I use a bigger backpack to carry extra warm clothes and all my calls, gadgets, binos, etc.

The Kelty fits well and is comfortable.  The only downside I have is that I like hydration reservoirs (Camelbak, Platypus, etc.) to carry more water but this pack only has a water bottle holder. I was recently at Travel Country and saw some Camelbak fanny packs similiar in size to this Kelty.  So I bought the stand alone reservoir for $20 and it fit perfectly.  It's a 45L model (made for the fanny packs I assume) that has a more oval shape than a linear shape.

Overall, a good pack which carries my most important Whitetail calls and now plenty of water in the early season.

Kelty Elkhorn 675

The Elkhorn 675 has been discontinued.

The Kelty Elkhorn 675 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen August 27, 2008 at Altrec Outdoors.

If you're looking for a new lumbar/hip pack, check out the best reviewed current models.