Kelty Pawnee 40

Excellent backpack for a long single day hike or weekend…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

Excellent backpack for a long single day hike or weekend overnight. Feels great carrying 20 pounds of gear on your back and you hardly notice it's there.

Pros

• Support
  • Cargo room
  • Straps

Cons

• Haven't come across one yet

Took this backpack for a long winter hike in the White Mountains and Kelty really lived up to its product here. I was very impressed with how the pack sat on my hips and shoulders. I usually have a hard time with circulation in my arms from carrying a load after an extended amount of time. I could hardly notice that the backpack was there.

I had to carry a large amount of clothing which I kept stripping off during the hike and the Pawnee was able to hold it all. I kept important things such as flashlight, Microspikes, rain jacket and food in the brain. The front pocket was able to organize all tools and medical equipment efficiently.

Once we reached the summit we had to strap the snowshoes to the packs. The compression straps worked great for this. They're very easy to use on the fly and in high winds. I enjoy the pocket on the hip straps it works perfect for a camera or cellphone to get those pictures at the right moment.

I'll be looking towards Kelty for more gear in the future!

Kelty Pawnee 40

The Kelty Pawnee 40 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 17, 2014 at CampSaver.com.