Klymit Insulated Static V

Very light and packable full length pad, comfortable.

Summary

Very light and packable full length pad, comfortable.

Pros

• Packs small
  • Light

Cons

• Difficult to deflate

For the size and weight of this pad, it's hard to beat. Packs compact and light. Not self-inflating, takes about 10-12 breaths of air but inflates surprisingly quickly.

Very comfortable and warm; I've used this down to -15° Celsius.  I'm 6'1" 195 lbs, no issues bottoming out, and the v-shaped air cells keep me from sliding around.

As others have said, it is difficult to get all the air out when rolling it up to put back in the stuff sack. I often suck air out to fully deflate it, but in the end I haven't found this to be a major problem and am very happy with the pad.

Thanks for the review, Dean. How much does it weigh?

Daniel Oates

I own the regular, non-insulated pad and was wondering if you are a side sleeper or back/stomach sleeper. It the Static V doesn't have too much loft, so I was curious, especially as you feel pretty comfortable on it. Thanks, Dean!

Overall, not bad. It packs up small and is very light.

Summary

Overall, not bad.

Pros

• Small pack size
  • Inflates quickly
  • Price

Cons

• Takes numerous attempts to deflate and pack up.
  • Air valve is tricky to learn and perfect.

It packs up small and is very light. I weigh 210 and did not bottom out the pad in any position. It is very comfortable.

The only issue I ran into was deflating the pad when it was time to pack up. Numerous attempts to get all the air out even with the valve completely open and unblocked.

The temperatures I used this pad in were ranging between 5 and 15 degrees F over one week. Honestly, I could not tell a difference between this pad and my summer pad. I was using a very warm sleeping bag with no foam pad underneath the Static V.

Other than that, love it.

Welcome to Trailspace, Rob. I know this pad is insulated. Can you tell us abit about warmth & conditions you used it in?

Rob Keith

Thanks Goose! I added that info in. Great site you guys have.

Thank you. Sounds like a good pad.

Thanks, Rob!

Dean Myers

Good review, thanks. I use this pad also. I know what you mean about deflating it, I have to suck the last bits of air out to get it into the bag. Not a luxury pad but a little better than the Them a Rest lite I used to use, and warmer. For the weight and small pack size I think it's a great pad.