Komperdell Wild Rambler

I purchased these trekking poles and am very happy…

Summary

I purchased these trekking poles and am very happy with them. They are sturdy and fairly light.

Pros

• Light
  • Sturdy
  • Cool looking
  • Economical

Cons

• Hard grips

These poles are fairly light. There are many poles available that are lighter, but I don't find these poles to be heavy.

The straps fit nicely around my hands (I have average sized hands). I'm pretty sure the straps would be comfortable for anyone with smaller or larger hands. The straps are pretty easy to adjust.

The poles are three sections, and adjustable. They could be used by children or adults. The inner parts of the adjusters are plastic, so I expect they will wear out over time, but replacement parts are available and priced very cheaply. I have just begun using the poles, but so far I have not experienced any slippage of the locking mechanism.

These poles do not have shocks.

The poles tip has great traction on soft ground. I keep the baskets on them because the tip will pentrate soft ground like wet grass and mud. They get nice traction onĀ gravel roads. I haven't had any trouble with the baskets. They are easy to put on and take off, but they don't seem like they are likely to fall off easily.

The grips seem a little hard. I think a softer grip would be more comfortable, but the grip is wide enough to feel comfortable in my hand, and the straps keep it firm and secure.

These poles are very easy to use and easy to adjust. I am new to trekking poles, so I am still trying them out and learning how to use them. I am looking forward to using them to set up a tarp shelter.

I have used these poles a few times while snowshoeing this winter. The baskets are not as wide as other that I have seen, but they still work well. They are easy to adjust, and they are very strong. I've leaned on them many times while climbing in and out of ditches and across uneven terrain.

I thought that the hard grips might feel very cold when snowshoeing in -35 degree Celsius weather, but so far they haven't.

If you've owned or used a Komperdell Wild Rambler, please share your experience.