Komperdell Wild Rambler

I purchased these trekking poles and am very happy…

Summary

I purchased these trekking poles and am very happy with them. They are sturdy and fairly light.

Pros

• Light
  • Sturdy
  • Cool looking
  • Economical

Cons

• Hard grips

These poles are fairly light. There are many poles available that are lighter, but I don't find these poles to be heavy.

The straps fit nicely around my hands (I have average sized hands). I'm pretty sure the straps would be comfortable for anyone with smaller or larger hands. The straps are pretty easy to adjust.

The poles are three sections, and adjustable. They could be used by children or adults. The inner parts of the adjusters are plastic, so I expect they will wear out over time, but replacement parts are available and priced very cheaply. I have just begun using the poles, but so far I have not experienced any slippage of the locking mechanism.

These poles do not have shocks.

The poles tip has great traction on soft ground. I keep the baskets on them because the tip will pentrate soft ground like wet grass and mud. They get nice traction onĀ gravel roads. I haven't had any trouble with the baskets. They are easy to put on and take off, but they don't seem like they are likely to fall off easily.

The grips seem a little hard. I think a softer grip would be more comfortable, but the grip is wide enough to feel comfortable in my hand, and the straps keep it firm and secure.

These poles are very easy to use and easy to adjust. I am new to trekking poles, so I am still trying them out and learning how to use them. I am looking forward to using them to set up a tarp shelter.

I have used these poles a few times while snowshoeing this winter. The baskets are not as wide as other that I have seen, but they still work well. They are easy to adjust, and they are very strong. I've leaned on them many times while climbing in and out of ditches and across uneven terrain.

I thought that the hard grips might feel very cold when snowshoeing in -35 degree Celsius weather, but so far they haven't.

Visit Komperdell's Wild Rambler page.

The Komperdell Wild Rambler Trekking Poles are great for beginners or casual trekkers. Made from strong T6 Aluminum that provides stability and balance required for hiking on trails. Wild Rambler breaks down into 3 compact sections for easy storing.

- CampSaver.com

Free Shipping. Komperdell Wild Rambler Trekking Poles DECENT FEATURES of the Komperdell Wild Rambler Trekking Poles Expedition PE grip System strap 3-Section: 18/16/14 mm Alu, alloy 7075-T6 Vario Trekking basket Steel tip The SPECS of the Komperdell Wild Rambler Trekking Poles Packed Size: 63 cm Maximum Length: 140 cm

Komperdell's Wild Rambler Trekking Poles are high-quality poles designed for all the basic demands of mountaineering and trekking.Light weight 7075-T6 Aluminum shafts resist corrosion and offer optimal stability. 3 sections of 18/16/14 mm and adjust from 63 cm to 140 cm. (24.75" to 55") The PE-Compact grip has an integrated 8 degree corrective bend to provide the proper angle for your wrist. Adjustable System webbing wrist strap for comfort. Standard BR-2 twist locking mechanism with diagonal expander. Vario basket system allows you to interchange baskets depending on your need. Vario Trekking Baskets included. Steel Tip for traction. Minimum storage length 63 cm (24.75") Weight 226 grams each (7.97 ounces each) Color: Grey and Silver. Import.

- Campmor

The Southern Cross trekking pole is made from 7075-T6 Aluminum Alloy. This 3-section, telescopic pole features a PE compact grip with standard strap, Vario Trekking baskets and steel tips. Packed size: 63cm, Maximum length: 140cm. Wt: 8.71 oz. each.

- Vargo Outdoors