Marmot Trestles 15

Max User Height 5 ft 6 in / 170 cm 5 ft 10 in / 200 cm
Hip Girth 58 in / 147 cm 58 in / 147 cm
Foot Girth 38 in / 96 cm 38 in / 96 cm
Price $99.00 USD $109.00 USD

Great sleeping bag for comfort and warmth. Best mate-able…

Summary

Great sleeping bag for comfort and warmth. Best mate-able mummy bag I've ever had! Lightweight but a little bulky. Great choice for backpackers with down allergies.

Pros

• Mate-able
  • Zippers on both sides

Cons

• Bulky

A really comfortable sleeping bag. My boyfriend and I needed to purchase new bags for summer and fall backpacking. We wanted bags that were mate-able, lightweight, and we couldn't get a bag with down fill due to an allergy I have. We also didn't want to break the bank.

On its own or zipped with a mate the bag is warm, happily camp into late October in the Northeast in this bag, no drafts and can easily hunker down against the cold. The second zipper that goes about halfway down is wonderful when using as a mated bag, allows for ease getting in and out as well as more comtrol if it gets a bit warm and you need to unzip.

Plenty of room to move around in the bag in the shoulders and legs. We are a medium build couple at 5'4" and 5'6" and purchased a right and a left of the regular. I think some places sold as a women's bag.

Bags are well made, zippers occasionally jam up, but not badly. They easily zip together, stay together and zip apart when need to. Have a nice little pocket on the inside of the bag for my glasses, the zipper pulls are glow-in-the-dark as well, which is pretty nice. When they get wet they stay warm and can dry out quickly.

The compression sack that comes with the bag is pretty lousy, I purchased a four-point water resistant 20L compression sack for mine that gets it a little smaller.  I don't know of any down-free bags that compress smaller.

Overall very happy!

Great bag. Good for 30 degrees. Very good bag. NO…

Summary

Great bag. Good for 30 degrees.

Pros

• Packs tight and compact
  • Dual zippers

Cons

• The length difference between men's and women's

Very good bag. NO more rolling up to pack it, just stuff it in a sack! Awesome. Generally it's good for about 30 degrees, but I am always cold.

IF YOU ARE INTENDING ON CONNECTING THIS WITH ANOTHER MARMOT BAG LOOK AT THE LENGTHS!!!!! We bought a men's medium and a women's medium and when we went to zip them together the men's was 4-6 inches longer. We are still able to link them but there is overhang.

I live in New Zealand, and have used a Marmot Trestles…

Price Paid: $NZ 178

I live in New Zealand, and have used a Marmot Trestles 15 for the past 3 years. It's my first really good sleeping bag, so I don't have much to compare it to.

It's been a really good bag, good for using inside the huts, where it's quite warm. But I usually prefer to sleep outside, using a bivvy bag. In freezing conditions, in Trestles 15 and bivvy bag, I am only warm enough if I have piles of clothes on as well, and then I have to huddle in a kind of foetal position. I am female, and a very cold sleeper.

I like my Trestles bag,  it is very good quality but I am soon going to try a down bag.

rated 4.00 of 5 stars All Trestles 15 versions

In addition to the 3 women's reviews above, there are 16 reviews for other versions of the Trestles 15. Read all reviews »