Marmot Trestles 15

Max User Height 5 ft 6 in / 170 cm 5 ft 10 in / 200 cm
Hip Girth 58 in / 147 cm 58 in / 147 cm
Foot Girth 38 in / 96 cm 38 in / 96 cm
Price $99.00 USD $109.00 USD

Great sleeping bag for comfort and warmth. Best mate-able…

Summary

Great sleeping bag for comfort and warmth. Best mate-able mummy bag I've ever had! Lightweight but a little bulky. Great choice for backpackers with down allergies.

Pros

• Mate-able
  • Zippers on both sides

Cons

• Bulky

A really comfortable sleeping bag. My boyfriend and I needed to purchase new bags for summer and fall backpacking. We wanted bags that were mate-able, lightweight, and we couldn't get a bag with down fill due to an allergy I have. We also didn't want to break the bank.

On its own or zipped with a mate the bag is warm, happily camp into late October in the Northeast in this bag, no drafts and can easily hunker down against the cold. The second zipper that goes about halfway down is wonderful when using as a mated bag, allows for ease getting in and out as well as more comtrol if it gets a bit warm and you need to unzip.

Plenty of room to move around in the bag in the shoulders and legs. We are a medium build couple at 5'4" and 5'6" and purchased a right and a left of the regular. I think some places sold as a women's bag.

Bags are well made, zippers occasionally jam up, but not badly. They easily zip together, stay together and zip apart when need to. Have a nice little pocket on the inside of the bag for my glasses, the zipper pulls are glow-in-the-dark as well, which is pretty nice. When they get wet they stay warm and can dry out quickly.

The compression sack that comes with the bag is pretty lousy, I purchased a four-point water resistant 20L compression sack for mine that gets it a little smaller.  I don't know of any down-free bags that compress smaller.

Overall very happy!

Great bag. Good for 30 degrees. Very good bag. NO…

Summary

Great bag. Good for 30 degrees.

Pros

• Packs tight and compact
  • Dual zippers

Cons

• The length difference between men's and women's

Very good bag. NO more rolling up to pack it, just stuff it in a sack! Awesome. Generally it's good for about 30 degrees, but I am always cold.

IF YOU ARE INTENDING ON CONNECTING THIS WITH ANOTHER MARMOT BAG LOOK AT THE LENGTHS!!!!! We bought a men's medium and a women's medium and when we went to zip them together the men's was 4-6 inches longer. We are still able to link them but there is overhang.

I live in New Zealand, and have used a Marmot Trestles…

Price Paid: $NZ 178

I live in New Zealand, and have used a Marmot Trestles 15 for the past 3 years. It's my first really good sleeping bag, so I don't have much to compare it to.

It's been a really good bag, good for using inside the huts, where it's quite warm. But I usually prefer to sleep outside, using a bivvy bag. In freezing conditions, in Trestles 15 and bivvy bag, I am only warm enough if I have piles of clothes on as well, and then I have to huddle in a kind of foetal position. I am female, and a very cold sleeper.

I like my Trestles bag,  it is very good quality but I am soon going to try a down bag.

rated 4.00 of 5 stars All Trestles 15 versions

In addition to the 3 women's reviews above, there are 16 reviews for other versions of the Trestles 15. Read all reviews »

Visit Marmot's Trestles 15 page.

With a women-specific design and synthetic insulation the full-featured Marmot's Women's Trestles 15 is designed for sustained cold, wet weather while backpacking, mountaineering and river rafting. Improved liner fabric plus updated style lines maximize comfort.

- CampSaver.com

Designed for 3-season backpacking, the Marmot Trestles 15 Sleeping Bag for women provides lofty warmth, low bulk and excellent packability; plus, it continues to insulate even if wet.

Even if you sleep cold through mild spring and fall weather, the lofty SpiraFil synthetic insulation inside the Marmot Women's Trestles 15 Sleeping Bag will surround your chilly bones and draw you into a comfortable slumber. From the toasty warm Nautilus hood (which shares its construction with that of Marmot's expedition-worthy 8000m jacket) to the roomy trapezoidal footbox, this bag was designed for fit and comfort over all else.

With a women-specific design and synthetic insulation the full-featured Women s Trestles 15 is designed for sustained cold, wet weather while backpacking, mountaineering and river rafting. Improved liner fabric plus updated style lines maximize comfort. EN Tested SpiraFil High Loft Insulation Dual Zippers Women s Specific Fit - More Insulation in Key Areas. Insulated Collar with Easy Access Cord - Engineered to Close Without Velcro, Keeps Warm Air Trapped in Your Bag Classic Trapezoidal Foot Box - For More Foot Room Compression Stuff Sack Feely Draw Cords - Ease Nighttime Cord Fumbling Hood Draw Cord - Positioned for Easy Access Second Side Zip Snagless Draft Tube - Has Heavy Oxford Cloth to Repel Biting Zipper Coils Stash Pocket - For Nighttime Essentials Such as a Watch or Energy Bar Two Hang Loops - On the Outside of Foot Box for Airing Out Your Bag Two Way Zipper Sliders - For Venting and Mating of Bags. Reversible Slider Tabs for Easy Use Inside or OUtside of Bag Velcro-free Face Muff - Keeps the Drawcord and Zipper Away from Your Face Wave Construction - The Warmest Shingle Construction Available, Fitting Extra Insulation into These Bags by Creating an Overlapping Wave of Shingles Throughout the Bag. These Bags Will Keep You Warm and Dry in the Wettest of Environments Zipper Guards - Help Repel Biting Zipper Coils Updated EN 13537 Rating Promotional price for 2 weeks only

- Second Ascent