Merrell Moab Mid Waterproof

Weight 1 lb 15 oz
Sizes 7 - 12 (Half sizes) 13, 14, 15 and Wide 7 - 12 (Half sizes) 13, 14, 15
Materials Waterproof Dura Leather and Mesh Upper, Synthetic Leather Toe Cap and Heel Counter

Great value, comfortable, visually pleasing. Got a…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Great value, comfortable, visually pleasing.

• Very comfy
  • Waterproof
  • Easy to lace/tighten

Got a great deal on these at a Gander Mountain Close-Out sale. It's my second pair of hiking boots since I began hiking about a year and a half ago with my boyfriend. I wore out the first pair of boots (some lower end ones that we bought on sale to see if I even would enjoy hiking).

I've been wearing these to work to break them in before hiking in them. I have to say they really didn't need any breaking in. They've been a comfortable fit from the start. Ready to take them on the trail now.

I think the two greatest benefits so far are that they are easy to lace and tighten up (my old pair would become loose by the time you got to the top to tie them) and they are waterproof (previous pair was not).

Welcome to Trailspace, Christy. It sounds like you've been busy getting into the outdoors and acquiring the gear for it this past year. Have fun out there!

1 month ago

Nice day hike boot, but not as comfortable right out…

Nice day hike boot, but not as comfortable right out of the box as my other Merrells. Good support for a narrow foot.

• Waterproof
  • Good grip bottoms
  • Nice looking boot could be worn for any outdoor activity
  • Good ankle support

• Somewhat stiff when new
  • Narrow footbed

I purchased these to replace my favorite pair of Merrell Moab Ventilators that were completely worn out and coming apart. These are a good boot but not as comfortable as other Merrells have been right out of the box, so they do require a break in period. They are a narrow boot so if you need a wide toe box or have flatter feet they are not for you.

They are waterproof which I put to the test on the first time out with some high wet grassy areas. They have good ankle support and a decent arch, and a good grip surface on the bottoms. I was surprised to find they are not very breathable and made my feet hot and sweaty, a price you pay for them being waterproof I suppose.

I have only owned them for about 6 months but they are holding up well with many summer hikes.