Merrell Moab Mid Waterproof

Weight 1 lb 15 oz
Sizes 7 - 12 (Half sizes) 13, 14, 15 and Wide 7 - 12 (Half sizes) 13, 14, 15
Materials Waterproof Dura Leather and Mesh Upper, Synthetic Leather Toe Cap and Heel Counter

These are lightweight, comfortable, waterproof, and…

Summary

These are lightweight, comfortable, waterproof, and breathable, which translates to cool in the heat.

Pros

• Waterproof
  • Traction
  • Comfort

I've only had these for a few months, but we had springtime temperatures for a couple of weeks (highs in the 70's and 80's) so I can attest to their comfort in those temperatures. I've worn these all day and other than normal trail dust had nothing to tend to when I got home. They have good traction on most surfaces even when the surface is a flat rock in running water.

Which brings up another feature, they're waterproof. As long as the stream is below ankle deep you don't need to stop to break out your water shoes. I've enjoyed wearing these all day on the trail. I guess the best thing I can say about their comfort is that at the end of the day, with camp set up and a nice fire going I didn't think, "man, I can't wait to get these things off." The arch support is great for all day use.

Final thoughts: I was a little resistant to this purchase (due to usually preferring leather uppers) until I tried them on in the store. They felt like slippers even after walking around the store for about half an hour. I found that same comfort on the trail and at $110 I tend to think I got a good deal. I don't know how my local store can beat online prices, but I'm glad they can.

rated 4.50 of 5 stars All Moab Mid Waterproof versions

In addition to the 1 men's review above, there are 2 reviews for other versions of the Moab Mid Waterproof. Read all reviews »