Mile High Mountaineering Fifty-Two 80

Weight 5 lb 1 oz
Volume 4900 cu in / 80 L
Torso length 17-22 in
Frame type 3mm x 20mm 6061 tempered aluminum stays and 1.5mm HDPE frame-sheet

I just bought this pack and it has everything I need…

Source: bought it used

Summary

I just bought this pack and it has everything I need and more for a 12-day outing. I'm packing with 11 Scouts at Philmont Scout Ranch in N.M. We are hiking over 70 miles. This pack is light weight and will allow me to carry someone elses gear if they go down. This pack is light weight and roomy. Easy access to all of my essentials and first aid stuff used for Philmont Scout Ranch. Large enough for 12 days of camping and hiking.

Pros

• Lots of straps and adjustments for a well balanced load
  • Plenty of pockets for EMT gear and 10 essentials
  • Lots of places to attach carabiners, compass pedometer, etc.
  • Well equipped with tie down straps for a quiet hike
  • Easy acess to all my compartments
  • More room than I'll need, but the weight compensates for that.

Cons

• None so far

Great product. I would recommend it to anybody going out for four days to two weeks. Also supports a Camelbak hydration system.

If you can buy this pack for less than the msrp, which is $349, buy it!! I paid $80 on Craigslist. This pack is made in Colorado. That should be self explanatory. You can't live at 5280' without knowing what you're doing!!

Hands down the best pack I've ever had! Real backpackers…

Summary

Hands down the best pack I've ever had!

Pros

• top and front panel access
  • super compressable
  • gear loops, tons of pockets

Cons

• Brain not detachable

Real backpackers had to have been instrumental in the design and USA made construction of this pack; every feature I've ever thought would make my life easier or more comfortable while backpacking is featured on this pack!

Every trip I've taken with this pack has resulted in a travel companion deciding they want one. Only downside is the brain isn't removable to serve as a smaller day-pack, but the pack is so compressible that this is barely a disappointment.