MontBell Super Spiral Burrow Bag #3

Light, compact, and stretchy What more could you ask…

Summary

Light, compact, and stretchy What more could you ask for?

Pros

• Weight (2.5lbs)
  • Packability
  • Stretch

Cons

• None so far

This bag is very light and packs down extremely small (for a synthetic bag). I can get it into my small, 10L Sea-to-Summit eVent bag. The material feels so soft on the skin, and I love the stretch.

As a big guy (more round then long) the stretch fits me tight enough to stay warm but leaves enough room to put my arms down to my side comfortably. I am 5'9" and the regular fits me just right. I would recommend the long for anyone over 5'10" (but try it out if you have the opportunity).

Temp rating seems true to specs.

Great 3-season bag if you want synthetic.

First thing you should know is that this bag is as…

First thing you should know is that this bag is as well made as any of the Montbell bags and worth the price from a purely construction perspective.

The next thing you should know is that there is NO DRAFT TUBE covering the zipper. I own 3 MB bags #5, #4, and #2 --  all down bags. This is the only one I have ever seen from MB that has no zipper draft tube. What a design oversight!!

I immediately returned this supposed 30 degree bag because it makes no sense for a 30 degree bag to be designed without a zipper draft tube. That cold air will just pour into the bag without one. Be warned!

If you've owned or used a MontBell Super Spiral Burrow Bag #3, please share your experience.

MontBell Super Spiral Burrow Bag #3

The MontBell Super Spiral Burrow Bag #3 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 1, 2014 at CampSaver.com.

If you're looking for a new 3-season synthetic sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.

regular long