MontBell U.L. Spiral Down Hugger #3

Max user height 5 ft 10 in / 180 cm 6 ft 4 in / 190 cm
Shoulder girth 57 - 68 in / 140 - 170 cm 61 - 74 in / 150 - 190 cm
Knee girth 46 - 55 in / 120 - 140 cm 49 - 59 in / 120 - 150 cm
Price $269.00 USD $289.00 USD

Feel and fit are absolutely first class, I mean I…

Summary

Feel and fit are absolutely first class, I mean I can cross my freakin legs in this thing.

Pros

• freakishly lightweight (long weighed in at 569 grams, that's 1 pound 4 oz)
  • the fabric feels really nice on the skin and the bias design makes it really stretch without elastic like in the older mods and UL ssdh
  • awesome hood design

Cons

• temp rating accurate?

OK, I bought these bags for my son and for I (two bags) and honestly when I got the box opened, I was freaked out by the weight! As I said freakishly light, and it stuffs in the factory bag really, really small. I mean it is smaller than a NERF football.

So, my first night I slept in it I was a little disappointed because I got a little chilled, not shivering cold, but chilled, Hubba Hubba tent on a BA insulated pad (awesome pad mind you) in thermals. The temps did dip down to 23 degrees so I can't really take that as a fail. So it was good, the next night it was a bit warmer and I was really pretty comfy.

I tested again a few weeks later in late February, early March. I was better this night and temps were close to 24, the difference, I slept in fleece jacket again, but I was in a different tent and out of the wind. I was fine until around 5-5:30 a.m. (my guess is that's when my body is done digesting the previous night's food ).

I talked to my son and he LOVES this thing. All his buddies are envious of his bag, it's so small, it's so light... does it work? Yeah it works. The material stretches and flexes just like they say it will. It's a little lite on the loft, but it seems to work OK.

I will be taking it to New Mexico this summer on a BP trek, drier, less  humidity, so we will see. I will repost then. As for now, do I recommend this bag? Yeah.

Visit MontBell's U.L. Spiral Down Hugger #3 page.

The Mont Bell Down Hugger 800 #3 Sleeping Bag has brought extreme comfort and thermal efficiency to the light weight backcountry enthusiast. To create an even more comfortable system we utilize an elasticized thread in the stitch to create small "gathers" in the quilting. Through the combination of strategic seam orientation and the stretch provided by gathered quilting we offer unrivaled fit and comfort. These innovations allow the sleeping bag to move with you as you change positions throughout the night, drawing the 800 fill goose down closer to your body and eliminating drafty dead spaces.

- CampSaver.com

Born to be light and fast, the MontBell U.L. Spiral Down Hugger #3 tips the scale at just over a pound. For spring desert climbing trips and summer backpacking, the stretchy properties of the Spiral Stretch System will keep away the chill without restricting your movements. Or if the mercury rises, enjoy the full length zipper that allows it to be used as a blanket. Spiral Stretch System offers stretch and elasticity by orienting the fabric's warp and weft threads at a 45deg angle, allowing a flexible sleeping bag without the additional fabric and weight required in the plush Super Spiral System Multi-box Construction with Flow Gate(TM) partitions ensure even heat distribution, limit down migration and add to the overall life of the bag 100 wash rated Polkatex(TM) Durable Water Repellency (DWR) resists condensation and humidity making this bag optimal for starry nights sans rainfly or tent! 2-way full-length (67 in) zippers allow the bag to be used as a blanket, right zip only Tunnel Hood is engineered to keep you warm while allowing air flow through a small face hole Neck Baffle prevents air from escaping through the top of the bag Dual insulated draft tubes prevents air from exiting through the zipper Tapered, bias stretch stuff sack offers easy packing Cotton storage sack included Reg - 6'0'' Long - 6'6'' 42degF/ 5degC(Comfort), 33degF/ 1degC(Lower Limit), 6degF/ -14degC(Extreme)

- OMCgear

The MontBell U. L. Spiral Hugger #3 Sleeping Bag barely weighs over a pound, making a solid choice when ounces count. MontBell's Spiral Stretch System uses elastic stitching in a spiral pattern to hold the insulation close to your body and reduce cold spots while providing wiggle room. The ultralight shell fabric resists light condensation thanks to its DWR treatment, so if you want to sleep under the stars, feel free.

Free Shipping. MontBell U.L. Spiral Down Hugger 30 Degree Sleeping Bag DECENT FEATURES of the Montbell U.L. Spiral Down Hugger 30 Degree Sleeping Bag Spiral Stretch System Multi-tube construction with Flow Gate technology Draw cord for face hole adjustment Auto Locking Zipper to limit zipper in.slipin. during the night Right zipper only Single insulated zipper draft tube Tapered stuff sack with in.bias cutin. fabric to facilitate easier packing Cotton storage sack included The SPECS of the Montbell U.L. Spiral Down Hugger 30 Degree Sleeping Bag Comfort: 42deg F / 5deg C Lower Limit: 33deg F / 1deg C Extreme: 6deg F / -14deg C Weight: 1 lb 7 oz Fill Weight: 12 oz Stuffed Size: 5.5in. x 10.9in. Inside Knee Girth: 49in. ~ 59in. Inside Shoulder Girth: 61in. ~ 74in. Maximum User Height: 6' 6in. Fabric: 800 Fill Power Goose Down 12-denier Ballistic Airlight Nylon 100 wash rated Polkatex Durable Water Repellant We cannot ship MontBell products outside the United States or Canada. Sorry about everything.