NEMO Losi 2P

Packed Size 20 in x 5.5 in / 51 cm x 14 cm
Inner Tent Fabric No-See-Um Mesh and 30D PU Nylon
Fly / Vestibule Fabric 30D PU Nylon
Floor Fabric 30D PU Nylon

I bought this tent a few weeks ago, for a camping…

Design: 3/4 season freestanding tent
Ease of Setup: very easy to set-up one person can do it in 5 minutes.
Weight: 5 lb

I bought this tent a few weeks ago, for a camping trip I will be going on in Congaree National park in South Carolina. However the weekend after I received the tent in the mail, a buddy and I spent two nights on the top of Blue Mountain on the Appalachian Trail with this tent and it held up beautifully.

On both nights it was well below freezing with 5 or 6 inches of snow and ice on the ground, and on the second night there were 25-30 mph winds. The tent stayed planted and secure, while we were warm and dry.

I highly recommend this tent if you're looking for a bombproof 3 season tent that also can handle the cold and snow.

I have just purchased this tent and used it for 2…

Price Paid: 260 CAD

I have just purchased this tent and used it for 2 separate nights now in 2 different circumstances.

This tent is AMAZING! I LOVE the way the tent poles click into the footprint of the tent and how you can put on your fly and tighten the straps around it once it's pegged down. The included pegs are extremely durable and lighter then any others that I've personally seen. All of the material is top notch!

Last night there were winds in excess of 40 km/h and the tent was just so quiet I couldn't believe it! The floor feels like it's silk and is going to rip if you even kneel on it but wow is that durable! After waking up the next morning (had to set up in the dark) I found that we had set the tent up (on shore) just over a piece of cactus. That never even made it through which just blows my mind!

The packing system is so appreciated as well. Once again in all of those winds, you could find it very hard to properly fold your tent and roll it into a stuff sack. I loved just being able to throw this into the compartment and roll it all up into the pack.

As far as some people are saying that you need to peg down at least two points on the tent; I wouldn't say it's 100% necessary. I've set this tent up twice now without pegging it down at all. Even in the heavy winds, all I had pegged down was the fly.

What I did notice with the lack of pegs on the actual footprint was that once the fly was pegged and tightened, it actually squeezed the end walls slightly to cause them to sag a bit. I'm sure that would be solved obviously with pegging but just an observation.

All in all: The tent hasn't been put through all the tests yet. I am, however, extremely confident to bring this bad boy on our trip up to jasper for Thanksgiving weekend. It's got everything you could possibly need in a decently lightweight, durable and extremely user-friendly tent. Worth every penny!

The tent is everything everyone says — light, great…

The tent is everything everyone says — light, great in weather, etc. Great zippers. Pretty roomy.

What I would change about it is to make it easier to set up. My old tent, about a kg heavier, set up in minutes with no pegs and the fly could be thrown on in 2 minutes. But the Losi fly must be pegged at at least 2 points (better if 4), which pretty much means sleeping with the fly on, unless you're certain of the weather (in the mountains -- never happens!).

While the Jacob's feet are a neat trick, I would have preferred internal feet for 2 corners (with external clips for the fly) to make set up easier/faster. If I seem obsessed with set up time, it's because the first time I set the tent up I was caught in a slush storm. I do think it's easier to set up than the Hubba series though.

The vestibules are big enough to store boots and water bottles under, but that's about it. There's no way you'd be able to sit under the vestibule to cook in crummy weather unless you're sitting in the tent, even then you'd have to be extremely careful.

That said...I do really like the tent! All tents have pluses/minuses. I love the air circulation. Great packing system so you only have to fold the tent/fly, not roll it, and the straps on the packing bag are perfect for looping through your backpack loops so no need for extra straps.

Lightweight, durable and easy to set up, this tent…

Ease of Setup: so so easy
Weight: around 5 pounds

Lightweight, durable and easy to set up, this tent is the ultimate in backpacking tents. 3 season backpacking tents don't get any better than this.

I have only had this tent out 3 times, but extremely…

Design: 3.5 season backpacking
Ease of Setup: very easy to set up
Weight: 5.5 lbs pack weight

I have only had this tent out 3 times, but extremely impressed so far. First trip, temps were in the 20s, and I was very snug in this tent w/ my 2 dogs and this was a so-so sleeping bag. My last trip a month ago, 30s first night, very very snug in my new down bag and both dogs (actually got hot) and second night, was my first night to test condensation. No problems in drizzle with moisture.

I highly recommend this tent, as I'm a gadget head that likes the best equipment no matter what I do. And this definitely met my expectations.

Amazing tent! Great for 2 people with plenty of room…

Amazing tent! Great for 2 people with plenty of room (I'm 6'2) with a separate door and vestibule on each side. We used this tent for 5 days deep in the B.C Rockies camped at the base of Mt. Assiniboine, where we encountered severe thunder storms and remained dry as a bone! Quick set up and easy tear down as well! Highly recommended.