Oboz Yellowstone

These boots are very comfortable right away. They…

These boots are very comfortable right away. They break in within 1 mile.

I hike/scramble over 600 miles per year and that seems to be the mileage limit of the boots. The toe are tends to disintegrate after 600 miles.

I've owned a pair of Yellowstones for a bit over a…

Materials: Nubuck/Nylon/B-Dry liner
Use: Dayhikes, light backpacking,
Break-in Period: Within the first hike or two.
Weight: 38 ounces

I've owned a pair of Yellowstones for a bit over a year. I've put quite a few miles on quite a few trails around the PNW and I've been fond of them. They're comfortable, lightweight, and durable enough for a 150 pound guy with a 20 pound pack.

They have all of the basics that you'd expect from a decent mid-range light hiking boot. Tongue gussets that are low profile enough to stay out of the way, waterproof B-DRY liner, good lacing system that keeps your toes from bouncing off of the front of the shoe, and a nice sturdy heel cup to keep your foot supported. The sole grips well in wet and dry, and they break in very well to your foot.

The only real downside is the rounded off heel on the sole that makes things a little less stable on off camber/sketchy trails. My particular pair also had the B-DRY liner fail 4 or 5 months into its lifespan. It's really a shame, because they function very well otherwise.

That being said, Oboz is killer on the customer service front and are sending me a pair of Sawtooth Mids to try out. I'm excited about them and we'll see how many miles I can get out of them.

I'm a woman, but I got the men's version of the Yellowstone.

Use: Dayhikes, Backpacking
Break-in Period: Too long

I'm a woman, but I got the men's version of the Yellowstone. They are pretty comfy but require some breaking in (at least 30 miles prior to a serious backpacking trip). They are comfy and offer great stability. My feet got a little hot in them (but my feet get hot in most any shoe).

Good hiking boot overall!

Update: October 12, 2009

This review is an addendum to my previous one. I really hoped these boots would break-in better. After a summer of hiking and backpacking with them they have been nothing but a footsore.

They are good up to about a 5 mile hike. After that expect blisters, and bruising on your ankle bones.

I really had high hopes for these boots--suffice it to say they are not what I will be using next year.

Built for variable conditions, Oboz's Yellowstone Hiking Boots are waterproof, gender-specific, and high-friction on any terrain. For all seasons and all conditions, these boots keep your feet in stable contact with the trail.

- Mountain Gear

A waterproof and breathable mid-cut hiking boot built for any trail. The Men's Oboz Yellowstone B-DRY features the Oboz Radial Fit System, and an anatomically correct multi-density footbed.Waterproof nubuck leather upper.2 part midsole dual density EVA and nylon shank.B-DRY waterproof breathable membrane permeable to water vapor escaping your foot, but impervious to water coming in.Radial Fit System ensures a perfect fit internally connects the upper and bottom to provide more support, better heel lock, and a more stable shoe.3D injection-molded external heel counter.Anatomically correct multi-density footbed.Gripster rubber non-marking outsole engineered with the perfect balance of friction and durability.Weight: 2 lbs. 5 oz. (pair)

- Campmor

These light hikers from Oboz feature waterproof nubuck leather and a proprietary waterproof membrane. The membrane not only prevents water from soaking your socks, it also lets your sweating soles breathe so your feet stay dry. Injection-molded external heel cages combined with Oboz' Radial Fit System, which integrates shoe uppers and bottoms for a stable fit, give your feet the support they need on uneven terrain. Cushiony midsoles absorb shock and high friction outsoles provide essential traction. Sole: Z-Grip high-friction rubber.

- Appalachian Outdoors

CLOSEOUTS . This lightweight hiker from Oboz Footwear is ready for environments as diverse as the Yellowstone ecosystem. Rugged Sawtooth rubber outsole for superb performance on your favorite trails. BDRY waterproof breathable PTFE membrane Nubuck upper Gusseted tongue keeps debris out Two-part midsole Dual-density EVA insole for added cushioning Sawtooth rubber outsole for added traction on tough terrain Height: 4” Weight: 2 lb. 2 oz. Medium width CLOSEOUTS . China. Visit our Shoe Sizing Guide Runs small, order 1_2 size larger.

- Sierra Trading Post

America's first National Park, and the cornerstone of the remarkable ecosystem we call home, Yellowstone is the heart and soul of Oboz. A light hiker built for the Northern Rockies, the Yellowstone features waterproof nubuck uppers with a proprietary wate%

- Teton Village Sports

Oboz Men's Yellowstone

The Men's Yellowstone has been discontinued.

The Oboz Men's Yellowstone is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.