REI Traverse 30 Pack

I was really looking for a good pack for longer hikes…

I was really looking for a good pack for longer hikes and the occasional overnight trip. What really attracted me about this pack are the various storage options. There are three zippered compartments that provide easy access to supplies without having to fully unpack. I'm sure this increases the weight a little, but it is a huge convenience for me.

I found the pack very comfortable even loaded up with 20+ pounds. I think it's an excellent pack in this size category.

My only real complaint is that the waist is a bit small (and I'm not) so I cannot use the hip straps. It shouldn't be a big deal given the average weight I'll be carrying, but it seems strange that the Flash 18 (tiny pack) has more than enough strap to cover me, but I don't need it with that pack.

If you've owned or used a REI Men's Traverse 30 Pack, please share your experience.