Rossignol BC 125 Positrack

Sizes 165, 175, 185

I live in Alaska and bought the BC 125s to get away…

I live in Alaska and bought the BC 125s to get away from the lift lines and crowds. I put Voile Switchback bindings on them and use the Scarpa T4 boot. Awesome setup, I call it the 4 x 4 of cross country skis.

I use them mostly on rolling terrain and they work great. Just broke in 2 miles of new trails behind my house and was amazed at how well they floated. Put the binding in ski mode and it locks the toe down; this is great for the downhill sections of trail.

I highly recommend the Switchback binding and plastic boot like the Scarpa T4. I thought it might be too rigid of a set up for touring and I was completely wrong, these things kick and glide very well!

REI in Alaska quit selling them for whatever reason; why would you not order something you already sold out of? I bought mine at Alaska Mountaineering and Hiking (AMH), great shop with knowledgeable and helpful staff.

Wherever you are get these skis, you will not regret it if the backcountry is where you ski.