Rossignol BC X6

Great balance of warmth, support stiffness and waterproofness!

Summary

Great balance of warmth, support stiffness and waterproofness! A great do anything system boot to explore the backcountry or rip up the groomed cross-country centers.

Pros

• Good construction, materials
  • Well insulated, waterproof
  • VERY comfortable. Skied all day the first time out.

Cons

• Boa lacing system loosens a bit and needs retighteneing. Thicker laces might be a soloution

I needed a sturdy pair of backcountry skiing System boots to replace my two-year-old Fischer BC x6 boots that delaminated at the sole after only two years.  It would be a tall order since when first tried the Fischers were very warm and supportive and stiff enough to drive turns on medium width BC skis.

As soon as I tired these on I was impressed at how comfortable they fit and also on how well constructed they were. The outer cordora does a good job at keeping out snow and wetness and the Thinsulate kept my feet very warm.

We were at Windblown XC center and made several very steep climbs either shuffling or herringboning and these were very solid on my feet. Never felt any wetnes or cold the enitre day we skied. Did a few deep powder runs and these excelled.

Love these boots so far!

If you've owned or used a Rossignol BC X6, please share your experience.