Rossignol Evo Glade AR

Sizes S/166, M/176, L/186, XL/196

I've rented these skis numerous times at cross-country…

I've rented these skis numerous times at cross-country centers and a ski buddy skis on these. Both of us like them. I think these are a good ski to start off with as they really assist you in learning the kick and glide. At the centers we usually go off the set tracks and bushwhack through powder of frozen ponds and higher elevations on the backside which does not have set tracks. They work beautifully.

My friend has followed me on my Alpina Trackers and has no problem in any of the terrain we go other than really icy spots. In some conditions she has an easier time than me. They have a plastic "edge" that works almost as well as a steel edge and the ski is very light weight. I used a pair in the Berkshires at Stump Sprouts and went into the national forest and these skis excelled. A good do-everything stick.

I also went off-site at a cross-country center and climbed some extremely steep power lines in deep powder and they were a fun ski, they floated well for their width and allowed me to explore.

You cannot go wrong with Evo Glades. I would however team them up with a good backcountry boot and binding,something the centers don't do. They usually team these up with a classical boot and lesser binding. With a true backcountry boot and binding these skis would have been even better for me and I'd have bought them.

So far I love these skis. I rated a 4.5, due to limited…

So far I love these skis. I rated a 4.5, due to limited usage, they may very well warrant a 5.

Due to them being waxless, I was skeptical at first-I am/was a life long waxer. I bought these skis a week ago, and have been on them 3 times-each under various snow and track conditions from cyrstal and no track to well riden packed. I have had no issues.

My wife - who swears by her waxables - invites me to break trail when we are out. Not an issue, these skis will break trail and track glide very well. They are shorter and wider than my old Rossis and are much more stable-which is great for a recreational skier.

They may be a tad bit slower-not by much-than my waxables, but not enough to warrant a complaint. Waxing & rewaxing was never a real burden-unless I was out or forgot my wax, scraper or cork-these skis eliminate those worries.

Great ski for the performance and price!

Visit Rossignol's Evo Glade AR page.

Description of Rossignol Evo Glade AR Cross Country SkisIcon of the past, symbol of the present, Rossignol, inspired by their roots and their exceptional historical heritage, has built the future every day. Another milestone in their brands development is that they now have developed an authentically modern Mountain life style, with Hard and Soft goods for the winter and the summertime too.FeaturesShort size for easy handelingSidecut dimensions enhance maneuverabilityStrong air-channel wood coreLow-maintenance AR Plus waxless base with recessed gripping teethExtended edges add stabilityBest suited for groomed and ungroomed trails615560 millimetersWeight per pair 186cm 1,680 grams

- US Outdoor Store

Leave the groomed trails behind! The Rossignol Evo Glade AR skis with NIS bindings are easy-running and stable in groomed tracks and on untouched rolling terrain.

Cruise down the trail, cross the frozen lake, and then follow those deer tracks off into the untracked woods with the do-it-all Evo Glade NIS Ski from Rossignol. Built with recreational but adventurous tourers in mind, the Glade features an AR Plus waxless base that strikes a perfect balance between glide and grip, without the need for sticky waxes and unpleasant solvents, and it's built with a Wood Air core that's lightweight with a user-friendly flex in the tip and tail. Stability and maneuverability are concerns that will evaporate into the chilly air once you experience the Glade's wide, sturdy sidecut, and shortened length, which work together to make uphills, downhills, and flats seem as friendly as a bluebird perched on an aspen branch. The Glade comes with an NIS plate, making it a cinch to mount and adjust compatible NNN bindings, too. If exploration's the name of your game, the Glade will be your favorite new playmate.

An easy-to-use, lightweight, durable companion for on-and off-trail exploring, the Rossignol EVO Glade NIS skis are perfect for recreational skiers and active winter enthusiasts.

- EMS

Rossignol Evo Glade AR

The Rossignol Evo Glade AR is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 1, 2014 at REI.

If you're looking for a new nordic touring ski, check out the best reviewed current models.