I bought these after renting them several times at…

I bought these after renting them several times at Windblown Cross Country center in New Hampshire. This has 60 km of trails and 2,000' of vertical and a lot of backcountry runs. I wish I had rented these more often during my first few years.

I took these through everything—set track, fresh powder, single track with fresh snow, across a frozen pond with 8" of fresh snow—and it handled everything. I bought these as a "do everything" ski. They are well-made and survived my abuse with no ill effects. The top sheet seems to be very well made and resistant to being scuffed.

I got into XC skiing as a means to hang on to my cycling fitness; now I cannot wait for cycling to be over so I can ski!

The Tracker has been discontinued.

The Alpina Tracker is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen September 9, 2014 at Backcountry.com.

Six Moon Designs Silver Shadow Review