Salewa Alp Trainer Mid GTX

It is quite easy to get wet if it rains hard.  I…

It is quite easy to get wet if it rains hard.  I don't know from where rain get inside shoes. But I find the Gore-tex material inside the shoe does not cover the inner bottom of the shoe. That means if there is a crack in the sole, the water may get inside through the crack.

Maybe it is because my socks are wet so my toe gets one blister after the 50-km trek. It will be good shoe if you don't wear them in  a rainy day.

Despite some early reservations about the fit of this…

Despite some early reservations about the fit of this boot (found toe space fine, midfoot quite narrow), I took it on a rugged Catskills hike yesterday despite minimal break-in. I wanted to test the "Blister Free" promise, and must say i found them to be generally comfortable.

Once the grips were scruffed up and not as slippery, I found the running watery trails, slippery leaves,  deep mud and loose rocks were no match for the Alp Trainer. The reinforced heel area stopped many an ankle roll, that i had experienced from other, lesser boots.

Let's see how they hold up over the next few months! More to follow.

If you've owned or used a Salewa Men's Alp Trainer Mid GTX, please share your experience.