Scarpa Rockette

These are the most aggressive and downturned shoes…

Price Paid: $89 reg $150

Summary

These are the most aggressive and downturned shoes I've tried. Best for overhung sport and bouldering definitely not for comfort or to use on easier routes. The toebox is super tight with added stability but is painful. Sizing runs small I got a 35 in these (34 in La Sportiva/5.10). Rubber is very sticky with great edging.

Pros

• Great edging
  • Sticky
  • Aggressive

Cons

• Painful

I was deciding between these and La Sportiva Miuras when trying to find a more aggressive shoe and ended up getting these because of the price (these were on sale).

They are great for edging onto tiny stuff and the rubber is super sticky, the toebox is a bit painful after wearing them even for just one pitch, the heel is a bit loose on me but tighter than my previous La Sportivas. Size runs 1-2 sizes smaller than in my La Sportivas (34), I got these in a 35.

I've worn them climbing about 3 times a week for the last 3 weeks and they haven't broken in too much since they are almost entirely covered in rubber. The extra rubber coverage makes them great for toe hooks and flagging/smearing in all directions.

They are great for really hard sport routes, but painful toes is the price you pay for these since they will take a long time to break in.

If you've owned or used a Scarpa Rockette, please share your experience.

Scarpa Rockette

The Scarpa Rockette is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 14, 2013 at Backcountry.com.

If you're looking for a new climbing shoe, check out the best reviewed current models.