Teva Hurricane XLT

Comfortable and easy put-on-and-go sandals that are…

Summary

Comfortable and easy put-on-and-go sandals that are great for anything from a casual work environment to randomly hitting a trail for a day hike.

• Good soles
  • Easy to adjust
  • Easy to clean

Cons

• Dirt and grit collects where the foot meets the sandal in little lines

dscn0654.jpg

I’m not a hipster. I tend to steer clear of slacklines, fixies and strapping on sandals when I want to be served at a restaurant. There are times (like almost 100 degree weather in the summer) when my feet want something that breathes a bit better than even my lightweight trail runners can give them; so I decided to give Teva (pronounced tay-vuh) a try.

Pros
They fit true to size. If you want to adjust them for wider feet, there are three points to cinch or loosen the velcro straps as needed. After a few games of ultimate frisbee (ok, maybe I’m a little hipster) and running around in general, I can say that they are durable. The soles grip well on rocks and dirt trails just as well as pavement. Some sandals make funny squeaking sounds on pavements, but that doesn't seem to be the case with these.

They support my ankle well, although those with bad ankles already might want something with a bit stiffer support. There was barely any breaking in time that I could tell. The moment I put them on my feet I went to a local trail and did a short afternoon hike.

As far as the fit of the sandals go, the Hurricane XLT has 3 adjustment points to fit any size feet from narrow to wide.

Cons
The only annoying thing I’ve found so far is the little grooves where you feet touch the sole get dirty fairly fast. Easy enough to clean, but I wish they had found something different to do there.

All in all a great piece of footwear. I would recommend the Hurricane XLT for anything from daily wanderings to throwing into your pack for basecamp.

A lightweight durable sandal that can be used around…

Summary

A lightweight durable sandal that can be used around the campsite and during water crossings with excellent grip. The materials are compatible with water and the sandals are comfortable for walking around your campsite while your feet breathe and your footwear dries.

Pros

• Very durable
  • Water compatible

Cons

• Heavier than some sandals

MY feet get tired of being in the same hiking footwear day after day. I like having something to change into at the campsite and to wear while doing a water crossing.

They are heavier than some simpler lighter sandals, but far more durable. If I am hiking in the backcountry, I do not want to be hauling out a broken sandal. I want a durable, comfortable, water-compatible sandal with good tread for grip so I can use these sandals whenever I am not wearing my normal hiking footwear (including in public showers).

If you've owned or used a Teva Men's Hurricane XLT, please share your experience.