Nice fashion sandal for light use. I bought five pairs…

Price Paid: 110usd

Summary

Nice fashion sandal for light use.

Pros

• Looks great
  • Lots of color options

Cons

• Quality control issues
  • Poor arch support

I bought five pairs of these, one for myself and the others as gifts. Of the five, I've had to return or exchange three of them because of qc issues.

One of them had poorly molded soles which meant there were grooves or little holes along the side of the midsole that were quite noticeable. When I tried to return that pair, I noticed the same thing on the replacement and had to ask for a third one.

The next one had spots all over the upper from the adhesive, probably during the manufacturing process that would not come off. When I replaced them, the replacement pair had a weird discoloration on the sides of the shoes where one pair of them did not match the color of the other, one was grey and the other was green. Again, I had to ask for a third pair.

The last one I had to replace were my own. The cord kept rubbing the top of my foot so it was quite painful to walk. It did not change no matter how I adjusted them. The replacement pair was fine, but I think it's hit or miss with regard to this issue. I see a lot of people complaining about it and others don't seem to have that issue.

They are great to wear around town. I somehow got the impression these are for all day and outdoor, camping/hiking type shoes. Based on my experience I would not recommend them for that. First I don't find them as supportive around the arch as the marketing makes them out to be. I have high arches and this shoe seemed be designed to accommodate that, but when you walk around, they feel flat. Not that they aren't comfortable, just not great if you need proper arch support.

Also, I have wide feet so sometimes I get a half size up from my regular size which has never been a problem for me. With these shoes however, the upper starts about 3-5mm into the shoe depending on the size you get, so there is an extra space beyond the toe. Getting half a size up in effect gets you a full size up and it's quite noticeable. My foot sometimes shifts around depending on how tight I have them on. It's not enough to be distracting for light use, but if I had to use these all day on outdoor trails it would be an issue.

Overall I find them to be OK, depends on what you need it for. Most people seem to buy them as a fashion type shoe for light use. The arch support is barely there and they don't feel as robust as other Keen products. I've had mine for three months and the microfibre upper and rear strap that looked so great when new have already started to wear and look like I've had them for a longer time.

Thanks for the helpful review of these sandals, Jones. If you have some pictures of your pair(s), those would be great to see in your review too.

1 year ago

I had similar issues with these sandals last summer.

Price Paid: $70?

Summary

I had similar issues with these sandals last summer. I've barely worn them since. My biggest issue is the blisters caused by the cordage that makes contact with the skin. Fashion faux pas or not...the only way that I can wear these things now is with socks, then, they are "Okay".

Cons

• Blisters caused by the cordage rubbing against the skin. I had to wear socks.

Seemed like a good idea when I saw them online. The "shock-cordage" that makes up the 'body' is brutal on bare skin.

Thanks for sharing your experience with these Keens, Kevin.

1 year ago

Bought a pair wore them 3 times a have them away.

Summary

Bought a pair wore them 3 times a have them away. Parachord is ment to be on a persons foot

Pros

• Unique look

Cons

• Cause blisters and burns from friction

caused blisters and burns on feet. If your feet get wet from sweat or crossing a stream these aren’t the shoes to have on. will not recommend for anyone but a couch potato. The guy I gave mine to has since given them to someone else.