Teva Katavi

This is by far my favorite sandal, and one of my favorite…

Summary

This is by far my favorite sandal, and one of my favorite footwear pieces in general. It fits my slightly wide feet perfectly and the straps hold it in place, even when cinched with a little slack (for city walks).

Pros

• great fit
  • non-abrasive straps
  • sturdy
  • supportive
  • durable
  • looks great

Cons

• slightly lacking arch support

One of my favorite features is the ample cushioning provided under every strap. I usually can't feel any of them, including the buckles, at any time while walking. This is a dramatic departure from my last Teva sandal (Hurricane XLT), who's straps were always felt in some measure. I also find that it holds up great over time (also compared to the Hurricane, which looked like and old rag after a year or so) - my Katavi looks almost new.

The only problem I found was that it lacks in arch support. This could be a plus for those who like their sandals flat, but not for me. The sole compresses slightly over time which eventually gives a pretty good result in terms of support, but it could be a bit more pronounced.

Note: This sandal takes a bit longer to dry than others I think - may have to do with the great cushioning.

Visit Teva's Katavi page.

For those who want a performance sandal with street worthy style we have the Katavi. A nylon shank offers stability and support while a suede and mesh upper make the transition from trail to street a seamless one.

- Teva

The Teva Menas Katavi Sandal takes you from the trail to main street with its high-performance, all-purpose design. This suede and mesh sandal features a nylon shank for support and three adjustable straps for a comfortable, customizable fit. Durabrasion Rubber provides tough traction, while the EVA top sole cushions and prevents odors with Microban antimicrobial protection.

CLOSEOUTS . Uneven terrain is no match for Teva Katavi sport sandals, keeping your feet comfortable with plenty of support and three adjustable straps. Suede and mesh upper Adjustable forefoot, instep and heel touch-fasten straps Molded EVA foam footbed Shock-absorbing EVA midsole Rubber outsole Medium width Made in China Half sizes order up. Visit our Shoe Sizing Guide Available Colors: WALNUT. Sizes: 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16.

- Sierra Trading Post

For those who want an all?purpose, all?terrain performance sandal with street?worthy style, we give you the men's Katavi: A suede and mesh casual?looking hiking sandal with a nylon shank for excellent stability and support.

- Ramsey Outdoor