Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Pillow

This pillow is a lightweight product that follows…

This pillow is a lightweight product that follows the theme of the very popular NeoAir mattress line. It is compact when rolled up, comes with a stuff sack, and is easily inflated.

• Lightweight at 3.1 oz (M) and 1.9 oz (S)
  • Takes up little space in when packed

• The thickness is only 2.5 in.

In a continuing effort/obsession to reduce pack weight and maintain some comfort when sleeping, I purchased the Therm-a-Rest NeoAir pillow.

After the product was introduced, I thought what a great compliment to the NeoAir All Season I have used for two years now. I read the descriptions provided from the manufacturer and some retailers and decided to buy one. I looked it over in the store, thought the packed sized was awesome and bought it.

When I got it home, I inflated it and compared it to a compressible pillow. The length and width were fine.  The thickness was a little concerning. It is 2.5 in, like the mattress. The compressible pillow is about 5.5 in.  However, the compressible, compresses when you rest your head on it and the inflatable stays more firm.

I decided to give it a try out on an overnighter. The packed size is great, compared to the compressible.

In general the pillow does give your head support, especially if you are a back sleeper.  However I am a side sleeper and as thought, would have liked the pillow to be a bit thicker.

Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Pillow

The Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Pillow is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen September 28, 2015 at Mountain Gear.

If you're looking for a new pillow, check out the best reviewed current models.