Therm-a-Rest Trekker Chair

I saw this on sale, and thought I should get it just…

I saw this on sale, and thought I should get it just cuz. When I got home I set it up, just for fun. I was skeptical, it didn't look super sturdy. WOW was the first thing though that came into my mind! I can't believe how strong it is!!!! And comfy! This is a must if you own a Thermarest! and there are no excuses for not having one!

I forgot to mention, that this is a great product because now you're getting twice as much use out of your expensive Thermarest pad!
-pirate

This is a comfort item that I have grown to like.

This is a comfort item that I have grown to like. In the deep south we don't have rocks to use as seats, and most of the time logs are pine (which means sap). One of the things my wife complained most about when backpacking was not having a place to sit with back support.

This problem is solved with the Trekker Chair. It allows your sleeping mat to be transformed into a chair complete with a back. It is surprisingly comfortable even though it does not elevate you off the ground. I had thought that being elevated above the ground was important, so we had purchased stools to take backpacking (1 lb 8 oz each). But with no back support, they stayed home on almost every trip. With the Trekker Chair (10.5 oz) we have a comfortable place to relax at camp, lean back and read, eat, etc.

The design of the chair is smart and the materials are sturdy. You can adjust the chair to many different configurations to suit your personal sitting style. Very versatile piece of equipment.

My wife calls this our best gear purchase ever.

Visit Therm-a-Rest's Trekker Chair page.

Therm a Rest's Trekker Chair features: The essential comfort of a chair in a modular form that's easier to pack. Set-up is fast and easy, making it the best combination of comfort, durability and weight in a chair kit. The Trekker Chair is now available in two sizes designed to fit both NeoAir and self-inflating mattresses.

- CampSaver.com

This lightweight sleeve transforms any 20 in. or 25 in. wide Therm-a-Rest mattress (sold separately) into a comfortable camp chair.

Therm-A-Rest Trekker ChairTherm a Rest's Trekker Chair features: The essential comfort of a chair in a modular form that's easier to pack. Set-up is fast and easy, the Trekker Chair is now available in two sizes designed to fit both NeoAir and self-inflating mattresses. This chair is really easy to set up - just start by folding about one-third of your inflated sleeping mat over onto itself, and then put this "doubled" portion into the bottom seat pocket before securing the remaining straps. Helps if you practice it a couple of times before you take it out camping. You can also use them at music festivals and the awesome and free millennium park summer shows in Chicago. They roll up and fit easily in a back pack. All of the pressure points from the Therm-A-Rest Trekker Chair are reinforced and the metal bars do a good job of supporting your weight.

- SunnySports

The Therm-a-Rest Trekker Chair Kit turns your camping mattress into a comfy seat for enjoying the sunset or the campfire. This sleeve fits any 20- or 25-inch-wide Therm-a-Rest mattress, and also is fully compatible with the new NeoAir mattresses. When it's time to get some shut-eye, simply unclip the adjustable side straps and crash, no removal needed.