Therm-a-Rest Trekker Chair

I saw this on sale, and thought I should get it just…

I saw this on sale, and thought I should get it just cuz. When I got home I set it up, just for fun. I was skeptical, it didn't look super sturdy. WOW was the first thing though that came into my mind! I can't believe how strong it is!!!! And comfy! This is a must if you own a Therm-a-Rest! and there are no excuses for not having one!

I forgot to mention, that this is a great product because now you're getting twice as much use out of your expensive Therm-a-Rest pad!

-pirate

This is a comfort item that I have grown to like.

This is a comfort item that I have grown to like. In the Deep South we don't have rocks to use as seats, and most of the time logs are pine (which means sap). One of the things my wife complained most about when backpacking was not having a place to sit with back support.

This problem is solved with the Trekker Chair. It allows your sleeping mat to be transformed into a chair complete with a back. It is surprisingly comfortable even though it does not elevate you off the ground.

I had thought that being elevated above the ground was important, so we had purchased stools to take backpacking (1 lb 8 oz each). But with no back support, they stayed home on almost every trip. With the Trekker Chair (10.5 oz) we have a comfortable place to relax at camp, lean back and read, eat, etc.

The design of the chair is smart and the materials are sturdy. You can adjust the chair to many different configurations to suit your personal sitting style. Very versatile piece of equipment.

My wife calls this our best gear purchase ever.