Warm, comfortable right out of the box, waterproof.

Summary

Warm, comfortable right out of the box, waterproof.

Pros

• Warm
  • Dry

Cons

• None that I found

I had exactly one day to break in a brand new pair of these boots before a 12-mile round trip with a heavy pack into the back country in the Adirondacks this last weekend in February, followed by some peakbagging in heavy snow with a daypack.

I was concerned about blisters so I brought a ton of Moleskin, but never used it. Some very slight rubbing around the top of the boot, but I just left the top hooks undone and that took care of that. I could have put a bit of duct tape on my leg at the rubbing spot if I'd wanted the extra ankle support of those top hooks, but I didn't bother.

Super comfortable with both snowshoes and semi-rigid crampons.

The snow conditions were horrendous, deep wet snow up to the summit, where we found 70-80mph winds. My feet stayed dry, warm and comfortable the whole time.

So happy I left my Asolo boots at home and took these. At less than half the price of the Italian boots, they're a real bargain.

My local gear retailer recomended them, and he really steered me right.

Welcome to Trailspace, Alan! Thanks for the review of your Vasques. I hope you'll keep us posted on how they continue to work out for you. It would be great to see a few pictures of your pair in your review too.

I usually buy Merell products. Bought these because…

Price Paid: ~100$

Summary

I usually buy Merell products. Bought these because they were on sale. Do not regret it for a second. Excellent fit and feel...really robust.

Pros

• Comfort
  • Grip
  • Waterproofness

Cons

• Cause guilt at cheating on Merell.

I have only had them for a while, so I can't say much about their durability, which seems like it will be exemplary, thus far. All I can say is that they have been on some pretty crazy trails with me, so far, keeping me upright, comfortable, and alive all the way through.

Recommend them very highly, do I!

rated 5.00 of 5 stars All Snowblime UltraDry versions

In addition to the 2 men's reviews above, there are 2 reviews for other versions of the Snowblime UltraDry. Read all reviews »