Wild Things Guide Pack

Weight 1 lb 12 oz (0.79 kg)
Volume 1,830 cubic inches (body and lid) with an extra 300 cubic inches if the bivy is fully extended.

As a ski mountaineer/alpinist this is the perfect…

50151-Guide_Pack_0LG.png

As a ski mountaineer/alpinist this is the perfect day pack. It follows the tried and true design of a good pack, top loading, two compression straps, and removable lid.

The weight is what sold me, it's light. Remove the lid when you need less space and it's even lighter. The fabric isn't going to last a lifetime but it'll take a heavy beating when skiing trees or hauling it while climbing.

Being fairly tall, it would be nice to have a longer version, but it still fits great. The waist strap is perfect, not too wide or overly padded. Being such a light pack, little features weren't left out. There is a whistle, 2 draw cords instead of 1, haul loops on the shoulder strap, zipper under the lid, 2 clips to tie down crampons or a rope under the lid, etc.

Someone mentioned in doesn't have gear loops and well yes, it lacks that, but I find gear loops get in the way of my skis when I have them on my pack and a compression strap can double as a gear loop. If your wearing your harness or a gear sling, then the problem is obsolete.

Overall I greatly recommend this pack. Is it worth 175$? Well, if you're serious about mountains, I don't think that question should even cross your mind.

Bought mine at wildthingsgear.com

Our Guide Pack is designed for technical climbs when you are carrying the bare minimum. We made sure you can stuff this pack with the Belay Jacket, EP Pants, Alpinist Jacket, Bivy Sack, and Half Bag, with just enough room left over for some fuel, a stove, and a little bit of food and water. Just in case, the route doesn’t go exactly as you planned.

Features: composite Vx-21 fabric (200 P.S.I. Waterproof); padded and angled shoulder straps; seatbelt webbing hipbelt; compression straps; whistle-lock on sternum strap; hydration system compatible; 2 ice axe loops; 2 velcro tool attachments; contour-cut removable lid; 2 haul points; removable back pad; roll-up snow skirt

Visit Wild Things's Guide Pack page.

Wild Things Guide Pack

The Wild Things Guide Pack is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new daypack (under 2,000 cu in), check out the best reviewed current models.