Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2012 Coverage
Trailspace is at Outdoor Retailer Summer Market in Salt Lake City August 1-5 to check out the latest outdoor gear and news. Follow along with us for daily show coverage from the outdoor industry show.
Follow us on:
- Twitter (live tweets and pics from the show floor)
- Facebook (photo albums of daily highlights)
- YouTube (videos direct from the show)
And, subscribe to our RSS feed for updates of our editorial coverage.
Here's what we've got our eyes on so far:
Outdoor Apparel Highlights from Outdoor Retailer from Keen, Mountain Hardwear, Icebreaker, La Sportiva, Icebreaker, Sierra Designs, The North Face, and DownTek.
- Big Agnes Replaces Tent Zippers with Magnets on Fishhook SL
Demo Day Coverage
- Stoves Burn Up, Canoe Folds Up at Demo Day
With stoves that can desalinate salt water or charge your iPhone, plus a 16.5-foot canoe that packs down into a compact bundle, this Open Air Demo at Outdoor Retailer didn't disappoint.
SUP grows; Trak's foldable, shape-shifting kayak; cooling off with Columbia; gear to carry, power, protect your electronics outdoors; and log rolling
- All-Natural Hydration from Skratch Labs
Hiking Gear Preview
Packs from Arc'teryx, Gregory, Platypus; cooling apparel from Columbia and Mountain Hardwear; jackets from Montane and Sierra Designs; and poles from Black Diamond and Komperdell
Climbing Gear Preview
Black Diamond and Petzl go for lightest helmets; BD's Camalot X4 and Mammut RescYou crevasse device; Edelrid and Mammut touch-sensitive ropes; Bags from Arc'teryx and Millet
- Backcountry Camp Gear Preview
Stoves from MSR and Optimus; shelters from Eureka!, Mountain Hardwear, NEMO; bags and quilts from ENO and Therm-a-Rest; plus Black Diamond headlamp and a Wetterlings axe by Les Stroud
- Rab and Westcomb Debut eVent DVL
Lightweight, waterproof-breathable shells
- A Flood of Water-Repellent Down for Sleeping Bags
Hydrophobic DownTek, DriDown, and Q.Shield Down insulation promise to repel water while maintaining loft, insulation, and breathability.
- Renowned runners design Ultimate Direction hydration vests
Scott Jurek, Anton Krupicka, and Peter Bakwin design Signature Series vests.
- Klymit Air Beam inflates your pack's frame sheet
Inflatable backpack frame sheet claims to be stiffer, more comfortable, and offer optimal load transfer over regular frame sheets.