Coleman Exponent Multi Fuel Stove

I have owned mine for about 15 years. Have only run…

Price Paid: ?

I have owned mine for about 15 years. Have only run with Coleman fuel. Never have had an issue or malfunction even to replace the pump or generator.

It seems to be a bit on the heavy side compared to some of the newer MSR lightweights but cooks flawlessly.

I don't know with you guys but I'm simply not giving…

Price Paid: 3500 php

I don't know with you guys but I'm simply not giving this stove up. Well call me cheap but this stove was the only that pulled as through so many trips... dead cold, harsh heat, stubborn fuel hehehe everything.

I used it once on a hiking trip, somebody yelled out that they needed more stoves to cook with so I pulled out my Peak 1 multi fuel stove (that's the original model name by the way). Then they said we said we needed a stove and not a flame torch hahahaha.

As it turns out my Peak 1 stove had better btu's compared to compressed gas cartridge types (well at least on their models) and more convenient. You see when you do a lot of hiking/climbing trips and you bring along your gear with you (which you really need to in the first place) you need to be careful in choosing your stove.

One issue is the source of your fuel. True, a compressed butaine cartridge type of fuel or anything that comes in a can is more easy to use but it would be very hard to get it in some places. With a liquid/multi fuel stove all you need to do is purge the fuel in the containers and then you are good to go. Kerosene can be bought in any corners of the world. If not you can still use good old petrol.

Just remember to purge your stoves a week before you go. Airlines should allow you to bring them on the flight as check-in baggage.

Cheers

Bought this from an online store here in the Philippines,…

Bought this from an online store here in the Philippines, my first choice though was an Optimus Nova plus but for $170 too expensive for me so I got the Coleman. Basically it is a multi-fuel stove which uses unleaded, lighter fluid, coleman fuel and kerosene which you have to change the generator for it (included).

Used it in high winds and bad weather, somehow it manage to perform well in windy with slight drizzle condition and starts up easily upon priming (been using the kerosene generator), BTU is quite impressive and with the proper amount of pressure it can boil up water in less than 4 minutes.

Only problem was the pot holder is too thin to support a 2 liter or more pot, guez it was for its lightweight purpose considering its size, which is another fuzz to fit it in my pack.

Overall, its reliability in adverse condition and flexibility to last in weekend trip where kerosene or unleaded is ready available even in the most remote area in northern luzon, I recommend this stove for those looking for the same performance and durability of MSR multi-fuel and on a tight budget.

Multi-fuel stove with integrated fuel tank. Burner bowl and pot supports protect flame in windy conditions. Precision flame control. Leveling ring adjusts legs to keep pots level on uneven surfaces.Operates on Colemanª liquid fuel, unleaded gasoline, or kerosene, kerosene generator included. One fill up will last through a typical weekend. Filler cap with lanyard prevents cap loss FEATURES: #8226; Dry weight is 21.6 oz #8226; Fuel capacity is 10.3 oz #8226; Colemanª liquid fuel unleaded as burns at 7,500 BTU #8226; Boil time is 4 min, 25 sec #8226; Burn time is 1 hour, 20 minutes on high, 7 hours on simmer #8226; Kerosene burns at 6,500 BTU #8226; Boil time is 4 min, 36 sec #8226; Burn time is 2 hrs, 25 minutes on high, 9 hours on simmer #8226; Dimensions: 5.5" L X 5.5" W X 8.2" H #8226; Made in USA

- Teton Village Sports

Burner bowl and pot supports help protect flame in windy conditions. One fill up of fuel will last through a typical weekend. Precise low-to-high flame control. Leveling ring adjusts leg position to help keep stove steady on uneven terrain. Fold-out legs.

- Campmor

Coleman Exponent Multi Fuel Stove

The Exponent Multi Fuel Stove has been discontinued.

The Coleman Exponent Multi Fuel Stove is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 10, 2011 at SunnySports.

If you're looking for a new multi-fuel stove, check out the best reviewed current models.