Evernew Ti DX Set With Stove

Ok, let's get this part out of the way - Yes, it's…

Price Paid: a lot

Ok, let's get this part out of the way - Yes, it's expensive. And I'm spoiled, but consistently rarely--- and this was one piece of Ti I had to possess. I love to cook, what better excuse. From the looks at first I said hmm... did they test out where every hole was punched, what shape, and how many? Probably.

My Test.

65 degrees no wind 50 percent humidity.- San Francisco

Set up with only the pieces provided-, power plate resting under stove as storage

My 1.5 litre MSR Titan pot.

Markings on the inside of the stove (max line is a smidge over 2 oz.)- hit it.

-Insert 6 cups cold tap water( 48 oz). 13 degrees Celsius, no lid.

Hit stopwatch at flick of bic. ( including prime time on this test) and two seconds later pot goes on top centered carefully.

@ 11. minutes. arrive hard rolling boil. (simmer was back over half a minute ago) its almost out of the pot. but no.

13 minutes. - rolling boil starts to begin settling.

13.5--flickers

So.

What are the practical purposes for such a well engineered get up?

You can set it up to burn forest snippets or esbit tabs. -- one reason i got it.

You can feel guilty because that money could have gone to a homeless shelter

You can rest assured that by the feel of it, with the exceptions of befalling a sleepwalking foot/ knee, you will be very fond of it fortnights.

At 3 oz, it's not a cat food can, and at almost ninety dollars it could be a Garmin 24K DVD shopped well. But it's not, it's delicate on the eyes, easy to figure out after 5 minutes of Rubiks cube work, and a standalone target for envious criticism. With modular capabilities from simmer to rip, (do experiment with configs), it puts out enough for two hip campers easily, or more. I'm taking it on the CDT for the occasional* sponge bath.

Okay, it certainly is expensive. If you calculate…

Price Paid: A lot

Okay, it certainly is expensive. If you calculate the difference between conventional gear and titanium gear and price your ounces saved, you will understand that air has become the most expensive commodity in the outdoor world.

But as a piece of kit, this is just fantastic and worth every penny. It is superlight, the stove is efficient, and with the trivet cross-stand it permits multiple permutations.

One thing to say is that Evernew's guidance is that the trivet cross-stand can not be used on top of the stand / windscreeen. This is incorrect — it can be done and is my favourite setup for boiling water. I own a Trangia too and after one year in a dry storage environment have noticed corrosion setting in. The Evernew will never corrode.

I've used my Evernew set for summer camping and will be taking it winter camping too. I love it so much I even use it to boil up water for coffee in my kitchen. On a full stove of alcohol, I can boil enough for 4 to 6 cups within 15 minutes (refilling my small pot between boils). The stove is fast and blooms every time, unlike some titanium stoves out there. I like having the versatility to burn wood if fuel runs out on a hike.

Downsides:

1. Price, but then multi-fuel setups are even more expensive and are not environmentally friendly.
  2. Be careful to set the burner up away from long grass - in windy conditions this is a necessary safety precaution.
  3. No simmer capacity, but the build quality and corrosion proof materials edge the Trangia by a long way.

All round, I love this piece of kit and would pay the money for it again if I ever had to.

If you've owned or used an Evernew Ti DX Set With Stove, please share your experience.