Lowa Renegade GTX Mid

DON'T BUY THESE BOOTS. Comfortable, yes. For the year…

Price Paid: $250 with shipping

Summary

DON'T BUY THESE BOOTS. Comfortable, yes. For the year they last. Then they fall apart at the seams. Have had two pairs. $500 down the drain. Don't waste your money.

Pros

• Comfortable, while they last.

Cons

• Fall apart at seams within a year and a half
  • Sole peels off
  • Not waterproof; more like water-absorbent, and take FOREVER to dry out

I've had two pairs of these. Love how comfy they are, love the grippy soles.

But they fall apart at the seams way too fast, right after warranty runs out.

After first pair did so, was advised by a gear expert to get $$$ insoles; did so, same thing happened with second pair.

I'm a light user, walk maybe 8-10 miles a week, and that's walking, not vigorous hiking. Otherwise wear the boots as everyday around the house/running errands footgear.

Unbelievably shoddy. Why doesn't Lowa fix these problems???

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY. Really. It's like a bad love affair—you fall in love as soon as you put them on the first time, the relationship runs along happily for a short while, and then it goes all to hell.

My husband bought me these boots as a birthday gift…

My husband bought me these boots as a birthday gift as I needed new hiking boots for our trips to Pocono Lake. We go hiking in the Pocono mountains often and love to collect pine cones, leaves and twigs.

I am so happy with the quality of these fabulous women's Renegade GTX boots. My feet are sensitive so I need a comfortable boot where my feet feel good. These boots are not only durable but they are soft, stylish, fashionable and soft at this same time.

My feet tend to get very sweaty when I'm hiking but these boots allow my feet to breath without getting that stinky sweaty feeling.

I've had several pairs of hiking boots in my lifetime and I have to say these boots are fabulous and worth the price. I highly recommend these boots to anyone who is an avid hiker like myself. Thank you!

rated 3.00 of 5 stars All Renegade GTX Mid versions

In addition to the 2 women's reviews above, there are 17 reviews for other versions of the Renegade GTX Mid. Read all reviews »

Visit Lowa's Renegade GTX Mid page.

Lowa's most award-winning boot, the ever popular Renegade is ideal for weekend adventurers. Hit the trails, scramble over rocks, jump on your mountain bike, or take off to a far away destination. Incredible comfort, right out of the box. No break-in period required. Get them while you can, these limited colors won't last long!

- CampSaver.com

Lowa Renegade GTX Mid hiking boots for women provide waterproof protection and excellent support at a low weight for weekend backpacking trips or long day hikes.

Lowa has upgraded its popular Women's Renegade GTX Mid Hiking Boot with a new Monowrap frame construction that not only reduces the boot's weight but also improves its stability for even greater comfort on your weekend hikes. Combined with a women's-specific last and a stiffer shank for extra support, the Renegade GTX is ready for miles of hiking on anything from gravel roads to boulder-strewn backcountry trails.

Lowa Women's Renegade GTX Mid Hiking Boots - The Women's Renegade GTX Mid Hiking Boots is Lowa's most award-winning boot that offers incredible comfort right out of the box! The Renegade's nubuck leather upper securely holds the foot in place, reducing strain on the toes during downhill sections. Its Monowrap midsole technology reduces overall boot weight, while providing extra cushioning and lateral stability. A rugged Vibram outsole and thick, nonslip rubber lugs make these boots ideal for hiking, light backpacking, and other outdoor activities where you need traction and grip. The Renegade boot features a climate-control footbed which keeps your feet cool, dry, and blister free. Perforations in the boot's lining allow air to circulate and wick moisture away from your foot, minimizing friction and fatigue. A breathable, waterproof GORE-TEX lining reduces hot spots so your feet stay comfortable in warmer temperatures as well as in cold, wet conditions. These hiking boots also feature a full-length nylon shank for extra stability on rugged terrain. Also, the derby-style lacing ensures a customized fit for a wide variety of feet. Hit the trails, scramble over rocks, jump on your mountain bike, or take off to a far away destination in the Lowa Women's Renegade GTX Mid Hiking Boots.

- Outdoorplay