User Review: Lowa Men's Renegade GTX Mid
Use: Off Trail, Light Pack
Break-in Period: None
Price Paid: $99 @ Sierra Trading Post
Great boot, but I abused them greatly. About 15% of their use was on trail and the remaining 85% was off trail in very rugged scree and razor sharp carbonate rock. They lasted about a year, close to 500 miles, and are now retired. They are very comfortable, needed at most one mile for break-in period, waterproof, breathable, and lightweight. If you are planning to use them for a lot of trail hiking and even moderate backpack loads (~30 lbs) they should be okay. Anything past this and you may be asking too much.
Where to Buy
Compare prices from 6 outdoor retailers: